• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

A Release Date For Doom 3

While searching Amazon.com, Chris Burns happened to find this page:

Doom 3
Our Price: $49.99
This item will be released on March 31, 2003.

Is this for real? Is Amazon.com making suppositions? The choice is up to you.

I'd say it's December 10th 2003. I read somewhere if it wasn't for Carmack rushing the team the game would be a 2004 release, so that kind of hints me it's going to be late 2003, and what better time than on the 10th anniversary of doom1? Then again I haven't been reading many interviews and articles lately so I guess they might have given clues it will be sooner than that.

Doom3'll probably be delayed until early 2004. As for DNF, I reckon they might be nearing completion by 2010 or so...

That's almost certainly a speculative date.We've seen it so many times before, just think how much money they'll have sitting in some account earning interest, hmm.

That release date has nothing to do with id. It's the retailer speculating as to when it will be released. I saw a ton of these when I was waiting for Anachronox to come out, and they kept getting pushed back.

I've posted about this info from Amazon like months ago, and it wasn't even posted as an official news. So why now Julian is posting this? Is he outta his mind?

I really do wish it'll be out on Dec 10th 2003 and everyone in here practically knows why, 'nuff said.

$49.99...same price as Quake3's when it was first released.

Adam Hegyi said:

So it's not getting released in two weeks?

*sobs*

hah, Adam, I thought you wouldn't care for whether Doom 3 is out or not ;)

I believe that it is Amazons policy not to post a date if it has not been given a specific date by the publisher of whatever is being sold. They don't allow it because of complaints and it screws up the pre-order plans, which can be unlawful. The only way that it isn't unlawful is if the publisher made a mistake. This is why I will have leadership of the 5th legion. King Bertilius is un-forgiving.