Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

shattered window fragments

how do i get the effect that was used in the first hexen, when you smashed the glass, little bits and pieces of glass went flying everywhere... i assume that these shards of glass are probably involved with the "things" in my map, but i'm not sure how to implement them or anything, so basically i need to know anything you can possibly tell me.. thank you.

The glass shards are spawned by a glass shard generator. I believe you have to script this event, although unfortunately I can't help you with the script. Just about any Hexen FAQ should be able to help you figure that one out. Sorry I don't have a link to one.

I have the script, but I am just wondering if the glass shards are pieces of a texture, or are they things themselves? I really need to know, otherwise I can't do it the way I really want to..

They are things. You can looks what they are called in defs.acs (or what it's called).

would that be the defs.acs file from hexen? because i do not own that game... of course zdoom includes a zdefs.acs i believe, though I can't remember and I'm at work right now so I can't check.. hmm... if anyone has any idea on how to make this work right, please tell me all you can.