Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nxn

Delicious Pop-Corion

Me and railgunner are about to start our own company which will be producing Pop-Corion in the masses. What's pop-corion you ask? Well, earlier today I was wondering why people think snickers are wild and crazy and my friend railgunner brought up the point it has caramel and peanuts. So I'm thinking since that's it's secret to success I could improve up on it. Well, pop corn is already a food with some coolness to it (come on, it has 'pop' in it's name) so why not add caramel and peanuts to it and call it Pop-Corion (the name puts a tear in my eye).

See it will sell in 14oz bags, the pop corn will already be popped, it will have caramel spread over it and have crushed peanuts sprinkled ontop of the caramel so it sticks. I just know that the thought of that has to make you go 'YUMMMMM!!'. All I need is some advice from you people on how to get started with this idea. Comments, suggestions, and general feedback is welcome aswell.

darknation said:

If I were you I'd stick to selling mind-bending drugs to 14 year olds.

Hehe, they all get weekly drug tests now so that's out of the question. Pop-Corion is a quick attempt at making legitimate money before I start looking for an actual job.

It doesn't have to be peanuts. You could use almonds or even hazelnuts. Also, you could cover it with chocolate instead of caramel.

Show me a good way to uniformmily cover all the popcorns with a somewhat effective layer of caramel (otherwise the peanut will dive its way to the bottom of the bag), without relying in the not cost-effective traditional technique of "throw the motherfucking bucket o' caramel inside the bag". Besides, they shouldn't be so sticky that instead of having a bag with hundreds of pop-corions in it you have this container with three clusters of unidentified carbon-based comestibles.

Zaldron said:

Show me a good way to uniformmily cover all the popcorns with a somewhat effective layer of caramel (otherwise the peanut will dive its way to the bottom of the bag), without relying in the not cost-effective traditional technique of "throw the motherfucking bucket o' caramel inside the bag". Besides, they shouldn't be so sticky that instead of having a bag with hundreds of pop-corions in it you have this container with three clusters of unidentified carbon-based comestibles.

Layout the pop corn on a sheet of metal with holes about half a cm in diameter spaced over the entire area of the metal sheet. Then pour the hot caramel over them, the excess caramel that doesn't stick to the pop corn will go down the holes into a container so it can be reused. As for the caramel coated pop corns, the sheet would then be flipped over to another sheet without holes, and the crushed peanuts would be sprinkled over it. When that dries you could just slide or push (if stuck to the metal) the pop-corions into a bag and sell them. Hopefully the peanuts would keep the pop-corions from sticking to each other too much. That was just a quick 5 minute idea of how to do it, I'm sure I could think of a better method once I gave it some time and experimented a little.

You are too late, my son already owns this company and they are in contract with Warner Bros to supply and it also means different flavours for popcorn etc , sorry, good idea...too late

IMJack said:

It's called CRACKERJACK dumbasses.

Doh... I forgot about those, I didn't hear of them since the 4th grade, shit I only ate them once in my life.

Teh Ghey Website said:

1893 - A unique popcorn, peanuts, and molasses confection that was the forerunner to CRACKER JACK¨ Caramel Coated Popcorn & Peanuts is introduced by F.W. Rueckheim at the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago's First World Fair. The company is called F.W. Rueckheim and Brother.

Well, I'm only 109 years late... =\

They also have Crunch & Munch and Screaming Yellow Zonkers. There are so many varieties...