Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Doom betas

I'm looking for a tool that can extract Spirts from the doom betas. I think I have use for them in an upcomming project I may or may not finish.

press release beta sprites are readable by any standard doom editor
xwe i believe has some alpha/beta support built in

if none of the above works, i'll code you something to do the job, but you will need to send me whatever .wad you need sprites extracted from.

One of my editors can extract sprites/graphics/textures from any doom version. Deutex can too, can't it?

With deutex you can extract all the graphics easly...

Don't use XWE, that program really, really sucks (REALLY!)... Believe me...

When the last release of XWE came out, Rellik has asked for (better)Doom Alpha & Beta support. I've added it, and offered a copy for him (check this thread), but he never replied. Since then I've also added Unreal support. However, as Vegeta pointed out, XWE really, really sucks, so let's just leave it at that.

WinTex may be a lot better than XWE for Doom wads, but XWE is the only program I know of that can extract sprites and other things from ROTT's darkwar.wad.

Csabo said:

When the last release of XWE came out, Rellik has asked for (better)Doom Alpha & Beta support. I've added it, and offered a copy for him (check this thread), but he never replied. Since then I've also added Unreal support. However, as Vegeta pointed out, XWE really, really sucks, so let's just leave it at that.

ehh? do you really hate your own wad editing proggie?

Well, I haven't really learnt how to use XWE to insert stuff into PWADs, but it fucking rules when it comes to extractin stuff from all the games it supports. Brilliant work right there Csabo...

And by the by, there is another program similar to XWe, it is called GFE (Game File Editor I think), but I don't know
the link.