Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

ZDoom Demo Archive?

I was just wondering, since I'm a relatively good Doom player, and since I really like ZDoom: is there a ZDoom demo place that's like COMPET-N or Doom_SDA that accepts IWAD demos in ZDoom format?
I would love to show the world how I can play.

Shaviro said:

I don't think so. Why don't you start your own archive? :)

Wish I could :(
IDEA:
I could e-mail some of my demos to you people if any of you are interested. I want to know what you think of my playing skillz!

Actually you probably could make your own site on Geoshitties or something then put your demos there. demos are small when compressed. Heh.

DooMBoy said:

Wish I could :(
IDEA:
I could e-mail some of my demos to you people if any of you are interested. I want to know what you think of my playing skillz!

ME !
Zdoom demos right ? (1.22 or 1.23 ?)
I like watching demos !
Please send them to mr.8@wanadoo.fr
Thanks

ZDoom 1.22.
/me records demo and sends it
Check your mail. It's not much, but I hope you like it. :)

DooMBoy said:

I was just wondering, since I'm a relatively good Doom player, and since I really like ZDoom: is there a ZDoom demo place that's like COMPET-N or Doom_SDA that accepts IWAD demos in ZDoom format?
I would love to show the world how I can play.

why would you want a new archive when compet-n has everything concievable for the iwads?

Because COMPET-N only accepts Doom or Doom 2.exe demos, and I'm waaaaaay better at ZDoom than the original executables.

DooMBoy said:

Because COMPET-N only accepts Doom or Doom 2.exe demos, and I'm waaaaaay better at ZDoom than the original executables.

the only things that could be doing this are:

mlook
hires

and i dont see how mlook and hires make you a vastly better doom player.

You forgot to mention jumping, but I don't use jumping hardly at all-only when I need to, and definitely not when recording demos.
I don't mind the 320x240 original Doom rez, but it's damn ugly. :P

Doom(2).exe doesn't allow me to configure the mouse the way I want either. I have a three button mouse, and I would to set the third button on my mouse to just one click in order to flip switches, open doors, etc. SETUP.EXE doesn't allow for this. As for keyboarding, I might still be a good keyboarder if the spacebar on my keyboard didn't mess up. The problem is this: the middle part of the spacebar works just fine, however, the left and right sections of the spacebar feel like there's sticky under the spacebar, I have slam my index finger on these parts of the spacebar in order to get them to register a space. It sounds weird, and probably stupid, but that's just how it is.

Therefore, I use ZDoom.

DooMBoy said:

You forgot to mention jumping, but I don't use jumping hardly at all-only when I need to, and definitely not when recording demos.

Doom(2).exe doesn't allow me to configure the mouse the way I want either. I have a three button mouse, and I would to set the third button on my mouse to just one click in order to flip switches, open doors, etc. SETUP.EXE doesn't allow for this. As for keyboarding, I might still be a good keyboarder if the spacebar on my keyboard didn't mess up. The problem is this: the middle part of the spacebar works just fine, however, the left and right sections of the spacebar feel like there's sticky under the spacebar, I have slam my index finger on these parts of the spacebar in order to get them to register a space. It sounds weird, and probably stupid, but that's just how it is.

Therefore, I use ZDoom.

not wierd; a lot of spacebars are fucked up.

any zdoom pwad demo is more than welcome at the DSDA... there are too many there, but there are some.
as for Iwad zdoom demos, I'd like to see some IF they were one of 2 things:
Compet-N quality(example: doing an n1m7 demo)
or
exploited (and optimized) the zdoom advantages(like jumping, mouse look, and extra speed)
the DoomSForum would be a good place to post and compete with Zdoom... but don't expect too many of them(us?) to want to use Zdoom. :)
maybe we could have an full episode contest or something. :P
opulent@cox.net

DooMBoy said:

Therefore, I use ZDoom.

Edit your default.cfg.

btw, esayeek, what's hires?