Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

Secret level idea...

Okay, I realize that we already have both secret levels for Doom 2, but maybe we could do this for Doom I or something. Okay, my idea is that we make a secret level a montage of several famous Doom PWADs. Of course, I understand we would have to get the authors' permissions, but it would be a fun little inside joke for Doomers if it worked out. That way, we could have some reference to Doom like Doom does with Wolfenstein without having to worry about legal issues.

Yeesh, fine, I just thought it would be a fun idea for a secret level. I wasn't suggesting say, going and just inserting a megawad to replace all the levels. I just thought it would make a cool secret and be a reference to Doom as an inside joke, without having to worry about the legalities of actually using something from Doom. Well, alright, but whoever makes the secret levels better come up with something fun and unique, as I don't see the point in having a secret level if it's just like all the other non-secret levels.

that's freeloading. NO.

How is it freeloading if you have the authors' permission?

thats not a bad idea.. would take some asking though.

RailGunner said:

that's freeloading. NO.

If he had permission, how is it any different from you reworking the Twice Risen BFG for us?

i'm not with railgunner on the freeloading, because obviously it isn't, but i would love to see a whole new 36 level udoom, it angers me that no one makes udoom wads ever.

That also makes me mad as well. Anything and everything coming out seems to ALWAYS be for Doom2. The good thing about FreeDOOM is that it will be for both Doom2 and Doom.
I think the secret level idea mentioned by geekmarine sounds cool, IMHO.

I wouldn't mind seeing a secret level that is an enormous ring filled with lava. You run from one end to the other while being harried by monsters, and sniped at by cyberdemons.

Oh God, Doomboy likes my idea. I guess that's the end of that idea. Just kidding of course, but who on Earth would want to play in a big ring full of lava? That's bizarre, to say the least, and I don't think that's gonna fly. Okay, here's two ideas. Either make a level where you're really tiny, like the size of an action figure, or make it where you're huge, like Godzilla Doom. I kind of like the idea of stomping around a city, myself. Any thoughts on the matter?

The idea to be very tiny is cool. I think it was first used in some DM level for the game SiN (anyone know that?). Unfortunately it's not really doable in the Doom engine since there are no 3D floors.

esayeek said:

i'm not with railgunner on the freeloading, because obviously it isn't, but i would love to see a whole new 36 level udoom, it angers me that no one makes udoom wads ever.

I'm making one, don't you worry =)

Anyway, geekmarine, is your idea basically like make little "tributes" to various wads like Memento Mori, Icarus, etc?

esayeek said:

What about 2002 ADO