Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom 3: Phobos

I've noticed that Phobos' art style resembles System Shock 2 quite a bit. Did y'all take inspiration from it or is it a coincidence?

Spoiler

SS2 remake after Phobos is done pls

RTC-3057 was also often compared to System Shock 2, but I've personally never played it :)

Shaviro said:

RTC-3057 was also often compared to System Shock 2, but I've personally never played it :)

You're dead to me.

But seriously, go play it. It's very harsh for first time players but it's an amazing game nonetheless.

Touchdown said:

You're dead to me.

But seriously, go play it. It's very harsh for first time players but it's an amazing game nonetheless.

I'd rather play Phobos. :P

As for you, your homework is to play a random classic that I select, I say Space Quest IV. Space Quest IV wipes the floor with System Shock 2. Figuratively and literally.

But back to Phobos, I'm very much looking forward to it!

Shaviro said:

Doom(4) will be released before Phobos unless some major events occur on either side.

Awww man, it would have been a great warm-up for Doom 4.

It looks like a standard infirmary Doom 3 room. I kinda like when room purposes are instantly recognizable, it makes the place more authentic and immersive.

I *hope* this support SnapMap so players can create and share their own user-generated content!

iori said:

I *hope* this support SnapMap so players can create and share their own user-generated content!

SnapMap is for Doom 2016.

scifista42 said:

Nice gates. And details like the symbol of electric lightning, or the pipe(s) under floor.

The engine will only take us so far. Its age is definitely starting to show, so we have to distract from that fact by doing a lot of other things. Keeping the eye busy on important or smaller details is definitely one of them. Also trying to create a nice and visually pleasing color scheme here without going all in teal and orange. I think it has worked out nicely :)

Will Phobos be focused heavily on horror elements like the original vanilla Doom 3? Or will it be more action oriented like the BFG Edition? Either way I continue to like what I'm seeing. Been following this project for over 4 years now and I always enjoy what you guys have said and shown.

GoatLord said:

Some of these shots almost look comparable to some of the lighting we've seen in Doom '16.

Wow yes very good mod for Doom 2000 set to be revealed in 2000