Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

Gustavo's Maps (previously Devile II)

Gustavo6046 said:

Thank you so much! I actually appreciate(erm, love) that kind of helpful thoughs about my WADS, instead of when joe-ilya say
"everything bland, lightning, stuff, blah, (more 69 stuff) and you are a bad mapper."

I tuned up your map to show you what you can add to it (I added traps and more pathes in the map) I thought you're going to examine the tune-up instead of claiming that I bash you.

"You just a little a little chicken *cheep* *cheep* *cheep*"

joe-ilya said:

I tuned up your map to show you what you can add to it (I added traps and more pathes in the map) I thought you're going to examine the tune-up instead of claiming that I bash you.

"You just a little a little chicken *cheep* *cheep* *cheep*"

Thank you. That is your second tune-up and I am graceful. I say that because I tink all you do to me is useless crap about "you are a something-bad" and says everything poor about my maps.

Anyway, I think you forgot a detail... -- where is the tune-up?

EDIT: Btw I am reworking in the map, specifically for minor bug fixes and a new music. When I determine it's good enough I'll release it into /idgames.
How to use GZDoom Builder's stair mode feature?

EDIT 2: Fix and conversion to Doom in Doom 2! Providing screenshots later (see post below).

EDIT 3: Texture Fix 1

Screenshots as promised.

Spoiler

(just aligned these frekin' textures)

This was about to slip another page! Wow, what bad!

- Uploaded to /idgames.
Behold, the FINAL VERSION!
Comes with two PRBoom+ (vanilla v1.9) demos!

Finally Have Fun with this loong MAP01 with traps, a super secret and a lot of cool stuff!

So you can do cool stuff!

-Comes with a Chocolate Doom v2.21 demo!

- Released my Dropbox WAD stuff folder for general viewing. In Exposition!

This wasn't ready to be uploaded to Idgames. As I found 2 bugs in it...

First: I went back to kill the Cyber Demon at the beginning of the map, and for some reason this elevator didn't go back down. (must of been tagged as W1 lift lower wait raise)

Second: I couldn't find the last enemy in the map until I found this lol:

You should have people playtest a map before you release it. However this is probably the best map you've made TBH but I still don't like how the doorways have blue carpet and red lights. It was a decent map.

Lol, thanks for finding these bugs out. I really though that shotgunner was in his alcove :P
Also did you find the easter egg?

I made this test map which is about a new sky, a new door texture and a new music, all inside a short, easy map.

Oh c'mon, people just don't want to reply at all! All I need is that this thread slip like a thousand of pages and never more I can share my maps.
Including this nice map (Icarus addon, replaces MAP01)!
It needs Icarus (dur) and the Donnybrooking.wad custom texture pack which is avaiable at the Donnybrooking project OP. It's a improved version of the original Donnybrooking entry, if possible take it instead in the Donnybrooking project.

Complaining about people not replying after 1 day with the thread still on the front page is how to get people to not reply to you. Patience, young grasshopper.

What? It was almost slipping a page, and I feared people would not reply in a loong time!
After all, be aware that important threads became quiet due to falling away many pages. :S

Maybe you can check the map :)

Well it's still 6pm EST (here in Brazil is 8pm however, I am the one without time!) but I will respect your time. You might be at work (or not), or doing important chores (or tasks).

You are the 2nd biggest poster in this thread -- after a particular person... And I would like to say "Thank You!"

I have never thought that I'd ever say this, but:

I'm proud of you, Ilya.

Showing someone with no aesthetic talent at all how to make eye-pleasing maps, whilst you've been the - seemingly incapable to learn - student of these lessons 1-1,5 years before is sure a way to improve, kiddo. Good going! ;)

Spoiler

No sarcasm included. I meant it as I'd written.