Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liam

The /newstuff Chronicles #92

RailGunner said:

Im so tempted to go to your house and kick your ass. But your 11 so i cant hurt a KID!

Actually, I'm 19, you fucking moron. You kick my ass? /me bursts into laughter
What are you going to hurt me with? Your railgun?

now now boys, just settle down and enjoy a nice glass of chocolate milk.

I sent Paul Corfiatis an edited DEH a few days ago, which fixes most of the grammar/spelling. I think they'll be using it for the final version, so let's see how that fares. It also fixes a crash the DEH did on one of the episode end texts (e4, I think) because the text was too short.

Telekenesis:
I thought this map was a tough challenge (some good revenant battles and one or two unpredictable archviles) but interesting enough to record. I did manage that but the demo is really sloppy. Health is fine and ammo will get you there as long as you don't waste. Tough but fun!

2002ADO:
Recorded a demo of e3m5 for Virgil. This is a nice looking level with good gameplay! The end room action is great but could also be a real kick in the teeth. :-)

Rich said:

Telekenesis:
I thought this map was a tough challenge (some good revenant battles and one or two unpredictable archviles) but interesting enough to record. I did manage that but the demo is really sloppy. Health is fine and ammo will get you there as long as you don't waste. Tough but fun!

Just you wait until the next level, which picks up right after this one- it's an underground prison! And you must continue to travel upward... oh- it has lotsa puzzles too.

DooMBoy said:

Actually, I'm 19, you fucking moron. You kick my ass? /me bursts into laughter
What are you going to hurt me with? Your railgun?

Dont get me wrong, but a while ago you said you turned 11. Sorry.

Rich said:

Telekenesis:

Yep I'm enjoying Telekenesis, nice challenge.I've been playing with ZDoom and have had several crashes, the last time when I was recording, seconds from the end, damn!It won't play with Legacy, what did you use Rich?

magikal said:

Yep I'm enjoying Telekenesis, nice challenge.I've been playing with ZDoom and have had several crashes, the last time when I was recording, seconds from the end, damn!It won't play with Legacy, what did you use Rich?

What version of Zdoom did you use?

magikal said:

Magic!

I couldn't seem to get the 'feel' I wanted using zdoom 1.22 and you can't playback demos from 1.23 so I checked the map under the deep editor and saw there were a couple of sidedefs with unknown textures (that red you get when a texture is missing). These weren't valid textures so I deleted them, along with some other red ones with a number for a name, and then tried it in legacy5 and it worked fine. I'm not positive but I seem to remember there were four or five such non-textures. All you have to do is 'check invalid texture names' and don't assign any texture to the ones you find. I made these changes for personal play and not for redistribution of the wad.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Black Void said:

What version of Zdoom did you use?

Yep that's the problem. I'll give it a go Rich, thanks I'll let you know.:)

Time for the next /newstuff, methinks! :)

Oh, and I think it might be time to hire another news guy... :o

He was probably still testing them by the time for the next update. From what I saw in /newstuff, there's a lot of big ones there, namely Dissolution, Carnage Galore III (first episode), and DSV Episode 4. I think #93 will be there by tomorrow...I hope.

I get to it as real life permits. If it pains you too much to wait a day every now and then then go through in-span yourself.

I suggest you do some research into the meaning of :)

Besides, I don't rely on the /Newstuff Chronicles to tell me what I should and shouldn't play. In fact, if that's what people do, then I'd suggest they stop ;)

No, the reason I enjoy the /Newstuff Chronicles is because I like seeing what other people think; whether they agree or disagree with my opinion, and why.

Anyway, if you have so much difficulty finding the time to do it, have you considered getting someone to help you? You could either do it alternate weeks, or split the new releases between you or something. At least think about it :)

Heh, come to think of it, I've played approximately two new wads in the last six months or so; AV and 2002 ADO. I think it's somehow linked with the time I usually spend playing I now spend editing my own levels.