Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Doom Turns 22, Community Runs out of Puns

As said on the Skulldash thread:

I am honoured to see Skulldash has been awarded a Cacoward! Many thanks to everyone who helped it become the beast it is today, and just as importantly thank you to everyone who took time to play it since its release!

A huge congratulations to the other award-winning projects and their respective authors! I'll certainly be taking the time to play them all.

Happy birthday Doom! :D

I'd like to re-iterate just how grateful I am for the award. In all my years of mapping for Doom I never, ever expected to see my name listed under the Cacowards. Again, I applaud all the winners of this year's Cacowards and am honored to see Skulldash alongside the other great projects.

Cheers!

https://i.gyazo.com/77bca57fdb81621253893a552b05de98.png

Happy 22nd Birthday Doom!

Also I have to ask this obvious question since I notice 32in24-14 is a runnerup: When will we do 32in24-15?

Another one to chime in and say happy birthday Doom, also another cracking set of cacoward write ups. I must admit I was extremely surprised to see something I made make the list this year. I wasn't expecting that :)

Danne was a great choice for mapper of the year.

I certainly think that this year has been extremely good in terms of mapping with in my opinion two releases which will go down in the all time greats (Valiant and Sunlust). There has also been some really inventive projects undertaken this year (50 shades).
Roll on 2016 and the wonders that may appear just around the corner.

Another happy birthday to Doom! Some good 'wards this year too, like every year.

Well that was quite a good read, these Cacowards. :)

Thanks to all the mappers, developers, musicians, speedrunners, and everyone who helped making 2015 a damn great year of Dooming. Here's to many, many more !

Congrats to the award winners, and particularly to danne and fraggle. That's well-deserved :)

Long live Doom !

All are worthy. Fraggle deserves the award, he's a community pillar. Chaos Core also is a beast CTF wad, expect to see a number of these maps make it into the 2016 WDL compilation. The single player maps all deserve the praise they received as well, especially Sunlust because duh

Congrats to all of the well-deserved winners, and great job to all of the writers too! It has been a pleasure reading them; it definitely blows the crap out the stuff I wrote for that one 'wards write-up. I'm happy to say that this year I've played more of the winning maps than the last couple of years, though I'm still behind :P

Also it was really cool to see 50 Shades win! I thought that was such a unique project and it was a lot of fun to make a map for.

Congrats to the winners and the runners-up! And wow... I wasn't expecting to be in the promising newcomers... Many thanks guys!

Congrats to all the winners! I too would like to echo how utterly pleased I've been with danne's output--I was a touch lukewarm on his work before Sunlust but stand in awe before some of his architecture and encounters. And like kmxexii, I was absolutely blown away by Proxyon. The dude definitely deserves his kudos.

Also the rewards reminded me that I still haven't played Return to Hadron!

gaspe said:

Congrats to the winners and the runners-up! And wow... I wasn't expecting to be in the promising newcomers... Many thanks guys!

Congratulations, buddy!

Spoiler

You better finish Legacy of Heroes

Happy Birthday Doom & congratulations to those with awards!

I'm relatively new to the Doom Community and only read the archives of previous cacoawards, so it's a nice change to witness new releases from months prior the annual ritual. Definitely some good contributions this year.

Congrats to the winners, but I'm surprised there was no room for NOVA 2 on the Cacowards since I felt it was an improvement over the first NOVA. But good to see AD79 acknowledged in the newcomers, as I felt 50 Monsters was quite good.

Still, I have some new maps to try in the future!

Thanks for the Valiant cacoward/writeup!

Congrats to all the winners, especially dannebubinga and fraggle. It was very kind (and unexpected!) for the Cacoward committee to consider me (and Ribbiks) for the mapper of the year but I think dannebubinga clearly earned it. On to 2016!

Well, we just passed over to the 11th here but it's still the 10th in some parts of the world, so nyah. :-P

Happy 22nd, Doom! Greetings to doomers everywhere -- past and present. I'll have a look at the Cacowards now and see what I need to catch up on. :-) As is my tradition, I just loaded up E1 and made a rusty-as-hell episode UV max run.

Back to lurking..

22 and going strong!

congrats to the winners and everyone, for playing this great game!

Happy Birthday Doom!

I really look forward to the Cacowards every year; congrats to all winners, and thanks to everyone who put them together :)

Aw yeah! Happy b-day Doom and congrats to all of the winners! May your .wad extensions be forever playable.

Great work all around as always, both from the awards hosts and the mappers who won the awards! This community is awesome.

LanHikariDS said:

before I go to sleep, I wanted to celebrate the 22nd Anniversary of one of my all-time favorite games: Doom. As you all [can assume], I fucking love Doom, and play it a good lot. I just wouldn't feel right ending this night without wishing it, and the community, a happy birthday. And also, thank you to id Software, for bringing such a glorious game to our computers. I may not be old enough to fully appreciate how groundbreaking it was at it's release, and I've only gotten into it within the last half decade, but I'm glad it came into my life late instead of never. I wanted to do something more to celebrate, but with the recent confiscation of my computer, doing so would be... difficult at best.

Excellent job as always with the ceremonies, Cacowards team, always a treat. Congratulations to all of the mentioned creators and to Dannebubinga for MoTY--the versatility you've demonstrated in high-stakes gameplay in Sunlust and elsewhere is a thing of beauty. Malignant beauty.

Here's to 22 more years!

Marcaek said:

Can you imagine yourselves being around for the 44th cacowards?

that would be weird

Sadly, I can.

Congratulations to all the Cacoward winners! Instead of playing these gems I had to go see my sister's new born baby in the hospital, it now has the same birthday as Doom. They didn't like my name suggestion; 'Doomguy'.

Erkattäññe winning an award changes my perspective on my Mapgame winning one in 2009. Nobody's opinions fucking matter. I spent all this time thinking it wasn't good enough to win, yet did, and this colossal mindfuck gets in and I bet nobody even played it.

Absolutely glorious.

Edit: This probably could have been put in a better way, and for that I apologize.

I bet it was that 26 second lift that clinched the deal.

Happy birthday Doom, and congratulations to all the award winners! Definitely a bunch of WADs here I need to catch up on!

I also think it's kind of interesting that skillsaw won his Mapper of the Year award for shorter episodes/single-level releases in "the year of the megawad" and then was reconsidered for Mapper of the Year for a magnum opus megawad in a year when most of the cacowards went to shorter episodes and single-level releases :)

Here's hoping we can give the 2016 Mapper of the Year to essel, Xaser, darkreaver, DeathevokatioN, or maybe Pipicz.