Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Any carmageddon fans? If so and you stayed away from the reboot due to reviews, I just wanna throw it out there that it's been patched BIG time as of recent and is very very awesome :)

Anyone here play? I've been really into it lately. Wondering if anyone would like to get a game going on steam sometime. If so, add mr_dead1313 on steam and I'd love to play :D

It's 100x better than release. I got it when it was early access on steam. It's always been fun, but it was very poorly optimized. Now it's much better and in an actual playable state. Only thing I get annoyed with is the loading times. They can be a bit much sometimes but not always. The maps are a good size though. But if you like carmageddon then it's definitely a real carmageddon game :)

I've been told that if you turn the shadow and reflection quality down some and everything else up you can maintain 60. You can't tell that much of a difference with the shadow and reflection quality at max otherwise.

They released it too early, but they threw everything into making it better and it's really really good now, performance wise. They're still working on updates, too.

It's a shame that the review sites will still keep their initial reviews and score for the game though.

AirRaid said:

They released it too early, but they threw everything into making it better and it's really really good now, performance wise. They're still working on updates, too.

Reminds me of Hatred actually, which is still on life support AFAIC (as far as I'm concerned).

Avoozl said:

It's a shame that the review sites will still keep their initial reviews and score for the game though.

Agreed. I check every so often to see if they update the reviews but they don't. It's terrible for the game too because of the amount of people who base their opinions on reviews and not their own. I think it's great. Hard to find an online match though :/

This is the semi-official Steam group which has Stainless in there. Join the chat, as there's usually someone available to play. Most people seem to play in the evening GMT time though.

Great news! I had maintained faith that they'd eventually fix the problems with the game, but a lack of information dissemination as well as mild condescension and aggression from the devs really killed my desire to keep track of the game. I'd visit the forum or Steam page frequently and find nothing about planned updates or progress reports. The standard "it'll be done when it's done" is fine for most products that are already in a working state, but Carmageddon was essentially released as a beta (some would argue alpha). I understood why this happened and was very forgiving of that decision, but when you release an unfinished product, community communication is very important. Your customers need to know what's going on. A blog post every other week is really not asking much.

I'm glad it's finally in a playable state and I will probably buy it now, but boy did they not win themselves many supporters with their behavior.

Cyanosis said:

This is the semi-official Steam group which has Stainless in there. Join the chat, as there's usually someone available to play. Most people seem to play in the evening GMT time though.

I had some dude a while back have me join the c.u.n.t (lol) group but I haven't really been hitting anyone up on there. I go through phases with games. I mostly want to get the word out to people that the game isn't what the reviews say it is. Well not anymore at least. I felt like there would be a good handful of fans here that should know :)

A lot of the players are over in the U.K also from what I understand so the Times that they really get down and play sort of conflict with my schedule which is a huge reason I haven't played much with the group yet. But it's a great single player game as well. The new game types are a friggin blast!

EDIT: This is actually the group I was talking about hahaha

Sorry for posting on it before looking at the link ;)

UPDATE:

Carmageddon:Max Damage has been announced! Looks like it's going to be a bigger and better version on reincarnation for consoles as well as PC. Hopefully this version is better received by the fans and critics because reincarnation was pretty screwed in that regard. Here's a trailer and an article from Eurogamer:

https://youtu.be/EXJPhqY8f9Q

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-22-carmageddon-max-damage-announced-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

Cyanosis said:

TRW (this reaction when) superior version of Carma 1 is only on mobile.

Never know man.. maybe they'll throw in a nice port to PC and consoles or something as a 'preorder bonus'

Either way I'm def getting this on console and am more than willing to preorder. Already have reincarnation on PC so should be all set there :) Very excited about this!