Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

I changed the quote code slightly so instead of breaking on brackets in a username it breaks on a quotation mark in a username. Looks like no one has a quotation mark in their name and I'm not sure if the software would even allow it, so w/e.

When in the User Control Panel looking at subscribed threads, clicking >> will not take you to the next page of results and instead will refresh and show the first page again. The page number links are functional though.

One small request:
May I get my post count back, please?

Oh, the post count doesn't appear on the left side, above the posting date.
I don't know if that's from my browser on my phone, or a bug.

So I've been interested in getting back into Doom, except a lot of the time over the past few days I've been trying to access doomworld.com/idgames I get a 404 error, including right now. I don't know if this is known maintenance or something else, but rather than take it as a sign that I shouldn't be playing Doom again, I thought I'd post about it here.

scifista42 said:

Also welcome back!

Thanks!

That link gives me a 404 error. It works for you right now? Maybe it's my computer/ISP/something, though I didn't think so because sometimes it works fine.

Oh, while you were away, Doomworld moved to a new server during summer 2015 (as AtomicGamer went down), so the IP changed. Update / refresh / do something with your DNS, probably? This seems weird anyway, since you're already here on the forum - but not impossible to be the source of your problem.

If flushing the browser and DNS caches doesn't fix things, try switching to OpenDNS or Google DNS to bypass your ISP's DNS server, which might be malfunctioning.

GreyGhost said:

If flushing the browser and DNS caches doesn't fix things, try switching to OpenDNS or Google DNS to bypass your ISP's DNS server, which might be malfunctioning.

Switched my PC to use OpenDNS, still same problem. I'll try with the modem itself later, just in case, but I'm not optimistic. I've got a dynamic IP address, I wonder if I'm partly IP-banned or something?

(Hi Doomkid and everyone)

edit: lol I think updating Firefox fixed everything. OK.

Bloodshedder said:

That's what happens when people set a homepage but don't include http://

Ahhh, so that's why only a few do it - Glad to see it isn't actually a bug then.

plums said:

I've got a dynamic IP address, I wonder if I'm partly IP-banned or something?

Reminds me of when I was caught in an IP range ban on the Skulltag forums, due to someone else in my dynamic IP pool misbehaving there. Fortunately, I think the admins here prefer to avoid using range bans to block individual troublemakers, though it shouldn't hurt to ask.

And, welcome back.

plums said:

lol I think updating Firefox fixed everything. OK.

I was having the exact same problem as plums. Firefox was 404-ing when trying to access /idgames, but other browsers were working. Must've been a bug with Firefox as updating from version 43.0.3 to 44 fixed it.

www.doomworld.com said:

(i)
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

[[Try Again]]

Is anyone else getting this message at that link?  I've loaded dozens of other threads from searches today, no problem.  Tried four browsers on two machines.

Obviously we all get anxious when denied vital info about someone's mouse drivers in 2003.

Xeriphas1994 said:

Is anyone else getting this message at that link?  I've loaded dozens of other threads from searches today, no problem.  Tried four browsers on two machines.

Obviously we all get anxious when denied vital info about someone's mouse drivers in 2003.

That's... very strange. I have no idea what is causing this.

edit: ok, I figured it out.

Linguica said:

ok, I figured it out.

YOU ARE GREAT.  YOU HAVE AN AMAZING WISDOM AND POWER.

Glad I posted something helpful this once.

I dunno if it's been mentioned or if it's that big a deal, but it seems to be impossible to view profiles where the name begins with the following characters: + # < /

When attempting to view their profiles, it brings up a "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view" error. Just figured that was worth pointing out!

I'm not sure this is the place to report this, but I hope it will get forwarded in case it isn't.

There is something wrong with the Alien Vendetta zip file on the German idgames mirror, this is all I get after clicking the download link.

Judging by the screenshot, it looks a bit like your browser's attempting to open the zip instead of downloading it.

GreyGhost said:

Judging by the screenshot, it looks a bit like your browser's attempting to open the zip instead of downloading it.

You might be right. I tried it in other browsers now, and the result was a download dialog. It is strange though that in the problematic browser, it only happens with the German mirror, other mirrors are fine. Anyway, that's not something for you to investigate, so.. sorry for the false positive.

I have enabled this feature in settings but i am not getting emails from threads i am participating. I remember this worked like 1 or 2 years ago. My email is still same.