Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Death666

Source port problems...

I got zdoom but dont like it cause i want to play doom with my gamepad.I got jdoom but it lags a lot on my comp when like 6 creatures are attacking and im moving around.I got doom legacy and its great except that when i pick up a clip,health or anything the game pauses for like a half a second and that is really annoying especially when ur fighting and moving around and picking up stuff.Does anyone know of a good source port that has game pad support that dont crash or can anyone help me with fixing the problem with doom legacy?

Eternity should be able to support any Windows game device, and it can even bind any function to gamepad buttons as if they were keyboard keys ^_^

As for not crashing, well, it doesn't most of the time. The music might be screwy, depending on your sound card. But hey, its young as a Windows port, give it time to mature :P

Thanx for the info now my problem is he wont stop running and i cant play the game if hes running all the time i have it off and have even tried hitting caps lock to turn it off but he still runs.Is ther a decent port out there for me??????????
This is in zdoom beta123a.

Well the problem is for some gay reason it runs when i use the gamepad how stupid none of the ports work for me.:(

Hmmm, I'll look into that later and find a way to stop it. But why not just use keyboard + mouse anyway? I (and most others) find it quite hard to play doom or any other FPS with a gamepad.

U find it hard to play with a gamepad thats weird to me.Ive beat doom 64 on the hardest diffuculty and doom for my snes and psx on the hardest diffuculties, and all those use a controller so thats what im used to not the keyboard and mouse.