Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Last Judgment

Found at CNN.com: a federal appeals court upheld the dismissal of a $33 million dollar lawsuit that blamed several entertainment related companies, including Id Software, for a deadly 1997 school shooting spree. It looks like even though the news media does not have enough brains to see the distinction between DOOM players and maniac teenagers who shoot up schools, fortunately the courts currently do. Thanks Bahdko for the news.

Use3D said:

I'm glad this nonsense is finally over and done with.

Of course it's not over and done with, peopel will always blame the entertainment industry.

Actually a recent study showed that the opposite is true, that kids who play violent games are actually less likely to act out violently.

all the world is fucked !!! (in my language this words known for saying ~your are confused)

I'm not sure if the US court system works the same way as the UK one does, but this may set a precedent meaning that any similar court actions in the future will automatically get dismissed.

NiGHTMARE: And even if that isn't legally implied, the precedent itself will make future cases tend to lean in that direction.

I'm not all that familiar with the legal system, but that sounded about right.

EDIT: Oops, that's kind of... er... pretty much exactly what you said.