Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Good texture combinations, cannonball! Maybe except the sky, though, but that said, I'm not sure what kind of sky would work the best for this scene. The brick walls could also use some borderlines at their left/right edges, to not appear as "merging" into the STARTAN structures.

I was bored so I made an interpic out of the Doomguy 2016 image..

Uniform noise was intentionally added. Don't mind the level title, that's Oblige generated.

Agreed, better stick to one highlight colour, it'd add a lot more coherence to this lovely scenery.

Edit: Speaking of green skies

Here's a new deathmatch map, lots of things to see in this shot. Lots of thought went into each structure. Also notice the portal to hell to the very right.

I am very disappointed in COUNTITEM and COUNTSECRET flags, they sound like they offer infinite possibilities but not even slightly. Well, COUNTITEM doesn't sound like infinite possibilities alone, but COUNTSECRET on a thing makes COUNTITEM, COUNTSECRET and itself sound like infinite possibilities indeed. As if one could use these three percentages for whatever. But it's awkwardly implamented and I will inevitably have to go full ACS to accomplish anything. So be it.

Playing with portals.

Can't wait till they get linked. Can you imagine a deathmatch mapset with this kind of stuff? It'd either be amazing or annoying as fuck, take your pick.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Looks really good.

Demon of the Well said:

^^ I don't think the green sky suits it particularly well, but looks good otherwise. Hard to go wrong with skintech, blood, and shadows!

tourniquet said:

Agreed, better stick to one highlight colour, it'd add a lot more coherence to this lovely scenery.

Thanks y'all. Red sky indeed looks better.

tourniquet said:

That looks sick -- I hope you release an episode one day.

Map Roulette map that I never finished. Might pack it in with the Abyssal Speedmapping Session map I was never meant to start and that blue+brown map I never made more than 2 rooms of.

Spoiler

Does this look okay? I'm kinda reluctant to keep it because I figure the single texture is kinda overbearing. It tiles alright for the most part though...

(image linked for 1080p goodness)