Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Rayzik said:

Does this look okay? I'm kinda reluctant to keep it because I figure the single texture is kinda overbearing. It tiles alright for the most part though...

http://imgur.com/26zO262
(image linked for 1080p goodness)

It actually looks quite decent.

There's no such thing as "mid teleport" unless a source port (insanely) interpolates player position between the start and end points.

Linguica said:

There's no such thing as "mid teleport" unless a source port (insanely) interpolates player position between the start and end points.

Well, thank God you were here to sort that out.

I know there was a period of time where Gzdoom had that problem. I can't remember the cause though... something to do with camera textures.

That monster remembers me that mouth from Quake III Arena's Q3DM1.
Could a screenshot of it clarify?

Either the monster's physiology doesn't make sense (it's too easy for his teeth to bite his own tongue), or physics don't make sense (his upper jaw should had fell down and the teeth pierced the tongue already), or both.

I got a couple images for the 64:64 Community Challenge.

Spoiler

Disregard the assault rifle, I just run casual tests on BD.

I love how there are like two people on this site that seem to never be too far away to rip apart peoples' posts, shit on them, and try their hardest to feed their egos.

It would be boring if nobody ever actually commented on each others' pictures. Then it'd be as pointless as the Doom Video thread.

^I can dig comments and shit. It's the few elitist dickheads we have on here that just make me scoff at the screen every time they post some kind of know-it-all comment.

TraceOfSpades said:

^I can dig comments and shit. It's the few elitist dickheads we have on here that just make me scoff at the screen every time they post some kind of know-it-all comment.

As much as I hate conflict I have to agree with you on that one.

Obviously I'm one of the elitist dickheads, and the other would be... scifista maybe? Not sure with that one.

@DoomMarine

compare your 4th screenshot with this one:

By looking at your screenshots I thought you want to make a resident evil 2 remake with the doom3 engine.

Linguica said:

Obviously I'm one of the elitist dickheads, and the other would be... scifista maybe? Not sure with that one.

I post such things like in my previous post as a food for thought (or just "for science"), not really as seriously expressing myself getting offended. I don't want all (art)works that I randomly see (and say something about) to be changed according to my likings, but basically just to inform the authors/viewers that such a point of view (that I have) may exist, which they may absorb if they're looking for new points of view (or ideas or information), or may not do so if they don't. I believe in sharing ideas/information as a way to inform/inspire anyone who sees them and wants to be informed/inspired. Pointing out logical flaws of a detailing-wise impressive piece of work falls into this category of things for me. But being negative just because I can really isn't my thing.

@antares031 I love these tech pillars, your combaine metal grey with DOOM blue, green and cynamon orange on last pic. Are these map finished, could I play it? I remember times (some about 20 years ago) when with friend we build dark map only with big columns, width to good hide before cyberdemon, and we put there tons of weapons and 10 cyberdemons :D From the top it was looking like chess board, that was fun :D

@termrork I've never play Resident Evil 2 (only 1 and for few minutes :( ) and main inspiritation was of course QUAKE 3

@Captain Toenail - for now I build a map, then sounds :)

Linguica said:

I'm not naming any names. That would be combative, and I have no interest in that. I just find it ridiculous that there are people on here that treat the site like a hierarchy instead of a community of like minded individuals.

"Don't piss off that guy. That'll get you sent to Hell."

That's retarded and an abuse of administrative power. It's one thing if somebody is being a troll on the forums or something like that...but sometimes things get blown way out of proportion on this forum.

I really just find it pathetic when people feel like they really matter on a hobby forum; as if their presence here is of any real importance.

TraceOfSpades said:

I'm not naming any names.

Mmhmm.

TraceOfSpades said:

That's retarded and an abuse of administrative power.

Yeah, okay, bud.

TraceOfSpades said:

I really just find it pathetic when people feel like they really matter on a hobby forum; as if their presence here is of any real importance.

yeah I'm sure if you left people would get over it

Captain Ventris said:

Mmhmm.

Yeah, okay, bud.

I don't understand your comment.

If you think I'm talking about an administrator, I might be and I might not be. But the fact that making the "wrong person" angry on here can get you sent to the Hell forums is what I find ridiculous. There shouldn't be a "wrong" or "right" guy to piss off here. This is a game forum, not some kind of political entity.

Marcaek said:

yeah I'm sure if you left people would get over it

Exactly, that's my point. Nobody here is of any real importance. There are respected members, of course. But that shouldn't make them "made men" of sorts.

Shit, if I left, there might be a small handful of people that might wonder where I went. But for the most part I'd be forgotten. That's fine and expected. This is a forum full of anonymous people, most of which have never met in person and in all likelihood never will. So why have a hierarchal-esque system implemented? It's just something I always found funny on here. Like "ha ha" funny.

It's just a little ridiculous in my eyes.

"Don't spout off to him...or else."

Seriously? It's the internet. People don't matter here.

TraceOfSpades said:

I'm not naming any names. That would be combative, and I have no interest in that. I just find it ridiculous that there are people on here that treat the site like a hierarchy instead of a community of like minded individuals.

That's retarded and an abuse of administrative power. It's one thing if somebody is being a troll on the forums or something like that...but sometimes things get blown way out of proportion on this forum.

Captain Ventris said:

Mmhmm.

Yeah, okay, bud.

Hey, hey, hey. I totally agree with TraceOfSpades. If he feels like there have been instances of that occurring, then I totally fucking agree with him. If there is one thing I hate then it's injustice, and if anybody abuses administrative priviledges then I rank this place as a shit-hole.

At the moment I don't, and I hope we're all on a good path despite some possible sins in the past. I think that I actually have witnessed some, and they are certainly bad and not good.

As for Ling, he is Chinese, which I like.

gemini09 said:

Hey, hey, hey. I totally agree with TraceOfSpades. If he feels like there have been instances of that occurring, then I totally fucking agree with him. If there is one thing I hate then it's injustice, and if anybody abuses administrative priviledges then I rank this place as a shit-hole.

At the moment I don't, and I hope we're all on a good path despite some possible sins in the past. I think that I actually have witnessed some, and they are certainly bad and not good.

As for Ling, he is Chinese, which I like.

I'd like to thank Ling's people for their sweet and sour dishes.

Linguica said:

I am not Chinese.

What? Then how did you get the nickname "Ling"?

TraceOfSpades said:

I'd like to thank Ling's people for their sweet and sour dishes.

Same here, and also for Jackie Chan --- my hero.