Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Swift Death demos [-complevel 9]

rdwpa said:

How viable is it to rush for the SSG? (Leaving the HK + HK/baron alive, or even the first AV.)

It's quite dangerous, I had a difficult time even getting up top without at least killing the HK. That arch-vile is also a pain to leave alive in general, just because when you drop back down from the SSG, you will most likely take a hit from one of those arch-viles, and if he decides to attack you as well, it's hard to see it resulting in 'Swift Death' ;P

Nice demos rayzik. The best i could do was to get to that revenant room.

MD922 said:

I believe it was about 6 seconds, fast vile+death exit.

To be honest i actually tried that a few times. For some strange reason i thought it wasn't possible and went with this route. Do post your demo if you find it.

SWDude said:

I'm waiting. Btw ill be giving it a try too, just to see how fast i can get it done.

Map 23 UV-Pacifist in 0:03
Bonus demo in 0:04 with a cool looking rocket+arch-vile+deathslide :)

sw23p003.zip

MD922 said:

Map 23 UV-Pacifist in 0:03
Bonus demo in 0:04 with a cool looking rocket+arch-vile+deathslide :)

Wow. Both are cool demos. I dont know how you managed to get that RJ and AVJ going at the same time. That should have been a grind. Worth the wait imo.

I knew that this map is possible in 0:03 :P

Anyway, I made a demo today, as I said in the txt, i don't considered myself like a speedrunner, but I think it's a correct time for my first demo in Swift Death :P
I play regularly my maps, but I'm afraid of being ridiculous by presenting my demos haha x)

Well, I'm happy that my megawad is often played in speedrunning :) A lot of demos here are very awesome :D

sw10m201.zip

MD922 said:

I've been playing to too long to know archvile patterns by sound.

Obviously. I have to play more in order to adapt to its patterns in real time. I can make RJ's and AVJ's in TAS pretty easily but in non-TAS its just a pain.

Cool NoMo's. I had no idea that glide could be performed there. Clearly shows my inexperience lol.

Map19 UV-Max in 3:26

First successful exit was 4:57 (!)
This is the fourth, so I don't think I can get any faster because it's mostly just grinding the big meaty monsters to death and I was pretty much constantly firing + made almost no movement errors. Also once you learn the archvile pattern it's really easy to get them at one spot for SSG blasts.

sw19m326.zip

Map23 UV-Max in 1:57

I specifically bound "Esc > Up > Enter > Y" to a macro key so I could reset this run faster. Once you pass the 10 second mark and grab the two secrets it's pretty easy.

sw23m157.zip

Cyberdemon531 said:

Why not just hit alt f4? :P

I think I can actually ESC-up-enter-Y faster, like in less than half a second or so. I've had a lot of practice with it recently, after starting speedrunning. Alt+F4 is slower (have to move the right hand all the way across the keyboard) or awkward (wedging the left hand's fingers over the keyboard in a strange way). When I'm resetting after some nonsense, I sometimes ESC-up-enter-Y with a big flourish, raising my hands up high and pounding the keyboard like a crazy pianist.

Rayzik said:

Map23 UV-Max in 1:57

I specifically bound "Esc > Up > Enter > Y" to a macro key so I could reset this run faster. Once you pass the 10 second mark and grab the two secrets it's pretty easy.

I don't know about all this, but damn what a helluva run!

Map24 UV-Max in 2:25

Had about 10 successful exits, all above 2:30, finally got below that with some incredulous luck to boot. Very fun map to play, except for the arch-vile being dickheads.

sw24m225.zip