Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Officially* Name a Doom monster

purist said:

DOOM2.WAD MAP07 T27 = Pinky the Mancubus (named by Fraggle)

I just need three other volunteers to make my dream of a Pacman-themed MAP07 come true!

This is Reggie "The retard" Jones. A really immature fellow. He likes to go on the internet and start arguments about controversial topics. He also likes "ironic" humor.

<- Thing 11, E2M5

This stocky guy's Dwight, sitting his sentence in the rust. He's a living tank, and plain.

From Doom 2's Level 20 Gotchya, Franky the Spider Mastermind. He didn't even want to be stuck with Bob but, of course, Wally stuck them in the same spot to guard over. He's willing to cooperate with Bob to get the job done but loathes it and would love any opportunity to take him down a peg.

Updated again, I hope we're not running out of users - there's plenty more monsters left to name!

Ah, I feel like bending some rules so...

1. Since we're at 100 posts in the thread I'll allow an amnesty on everyone who has named a monster so far. That means if you've already had a go you can have another.

2. Dylan (purist jr) doesn't have an account here but I let him have a pick.

He's gone with this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/LUhs06Y.png?1

DOOM.WAD E1M1 T103. Also known as Sergeant Douchebag Dylan. The first sergeant zombified on Phobos and fierce guardian of the secret windowsill shortcut switch.

3. I couldn't resist. If you can think of a good enough name for a group of monsters I might allow it. Might.

fraggle said:

I just need three other volunteers to make my dream of a Pacman-themed MAP07 come true!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Pacman_title_na.png

purist said:

I'll allow an amnesty on everyone who has named a monster so far. That means if you've already had a go you can have another.

Thanks. The Demon at the start of Lunatic MAP01 shall be named Yuri.

Another special person can found in Containment area, inside an elevator. Meet Richie.

Poor Richie had a miserable life from the beginning, always seeming to make some mistake that screws up his life, and someone always making note of it. His childhood name was "Retch-Up" Richie after vomiting fire on his home, burning it down. While participating in the Deimos invasion, the zombies called him "Code Red" Richie after accidently sending a distress signal from Deimos to Earth during the invasion, compromising the secrecy of disappearing the moon. His superiors knew him as "Refuse" Richie after he spent time working in the sewers as punishment for becoming "Floor Roast" Richie after accidently creating a pool of fire in the Deimos Command Center.

By now, poor Richie is destitute and has lost his will to fight. He's also having a bad day. For some reason the elevator in the Conatinment Area isn't working today, and instead of reaching him all the way to the sewers, had sent him to a hallway with some human armor for decoration, and with 2 fellow imps to laugh at his incompetence. To make matters worse, suddenly those two imps are blasted to smithereens with a shotgun, and poor Richie huddles inside the elevator, hoping whomever killed those two guys wouldn't come for him. He just wants to be left alone. Just go away. Leave me alone. Take that armor and not care to look inside the elevator. Please don't notice me.

Today, Richie earns his final and everlasting nickname: "Wrong Floor" Richie. Only this time, this mistake will be his last.

T63 - Brian Bingo Bogglesnork

After taking the elevator back up to e1m1's exit after leaving his lunch behind, he notices the door open almost immediately and is then hastily shot in the face.

e2m7
Tom = Right
Alex = Left

After living their lifes on hell for a while, they saw the doomguy, Tom accidentally shot a fireball to alex and they infighted. Alex won. Alex was brutally shot to death by the doomguy.

Not so sure what T is it.

Doom - E1M1 - T8

Calvin the Imp

Calvin is the first of his kind you'll be seeing in your perilous adventure, sometimes he likes to show up with a second, unnamed (hinthint), buddy hoping to hit you with some fireballs. Rumour says that Calvin wish he could see the other rooms of the Hanger, problem is he's usually eliminated before his platform gets lowered.

The dead marine laying on the floor in the beginning of E1M1 is named Trace.

EDIT: That is not a monster. So I pick the imp on the far left side right after the first lift in The Gantlet of Doom2 to be named Alabama Thunderpants.

Shanoa said:

Doom - E1M1 - T8

Calvin the Imp

Calvin is the first of his kind you'll be seeing in your perilous adventure, sometimes he likes to show up with a second, unnamed (hinthint), buddy hoping to hit you with some fireballs. Rumour says that Calvin wish he could see the other rooms of the Hanger, problem is he's usually eliminated before his platform gets lowered.

The second unnamed Imp is now called Hobbes!

MAP 02, Underhalls: Thing #10, Cory the Zombieman.

The demonic security personnel loves standing guard at the door down in the Underhalls. Nothing ever happens there, and there are two Internet-connected computers to play around with. While on his way to work, Cory the Zombieman couldn't wait for the opportunity to get to his guard station. He already had the perfect review of the newest Game of Thrones episode composed in his head, and just in a moment would post it on his blog.

Unfortunately, when he arrived, he realized with dismay that the human Marine's rampage caused a strengthening of security all over the base. Normally he only had one other guard to accompany him, but this time there were two, and they'd already occupied both the computers! Dammit! Now Cory's going to have to wait hours for a chance to post his review, and he'll forget the coolest bits in the meantime. Incensed and bummed, Cory turns away from his two fellow zombies to stare at a wall. then they all get killed forever

With all these backstories I feel like Jim the Knight needed one, so here goes.

*Ahem*
Jim the Knight was the first of his kind. Being the first Hell Knight to ever be conceived, and was tested in battle when the forces of Hell invaded Earth. Jim's brutality was so strong, he slaughtered hundreds of civilians, marines, and slimes, single handedly. And was awarded by the council of the Spider Demons. And was knighted by Satan, and given the royal seal of hell, engraved on Jim's left shoulder (Doomguy just didn't notice). He was called back to Earth during the failed Operation: Ultra Violence, where Doomguy killed Jim and all his comrades. Jim was eventually forgotten, and hell went back to producing the stronger but more expensive Barons of Hell.

purist said:

Scifista42 - I'll need the thing number as I don't have the WAD

The Lunatic.wad MAP01 Pinky Demon is T28.

You guys are so creative with the backstories, the next time I'll encounter those fellas I might think twice before shooting them.

On 3/12/2016 at 12:59 PM, AD_79 said:

archvile in front of the exit door on d2map27 is Barney

Just a note that Barney was the star of the show at the latest AGDQ: