Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

My Dungeon Synth project

Hi, I wanted to show you what I've been working on in the music department. It's a Dungeon Synth project called Hades Oniria.

If anyone doesn't know the genre, It's a derivative of Dark Ambient that was born from synth tracks from 90's Black Metal albums. Most notable artists are Wongraven, Mortiis and Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra. The genre itself has evolved into its own thing but it still retains the Black Metal spirit. I'm also in a Black Metal band called Votz Daunor (we released a demo) and intend to release solo black metal albums under this project, but for the time being I'm working on an 8 track album, of which 4 have been completed. The others are thought and composed but not recorded yet, and I have uploaded 2 tracks to show what I'm doing.

This is the bandcamp page

I personally recommend listening to Der Feuerbringer, since Ab Aeterno was the first track I made and might get a lot of changes and new instruments in the future.

Dungeon Synth comes to Doomworld. Der Feuerbringer was pretty cool, good job. Don't know what you compose with but it would make a cool MIDI for a Heretic map or castley Doom map. But it was also good to listen to on its own.

plums said:

Dungeon Synth comes to Doomworld. Der Feuerbringer was pretty cool, good job. Don't know what you compose with but it would make a cool MIDI for a Heretic map or castley Doom map. But it was also good to listen to on its own.

I agree with this 100%, definitely has that castle-y vibe to it.

I used a Casio CTK 4200. Nothing too flashy, just what I had around here at home. It has some pretty cool sounds on the orchestral-real instrument department, but I don't really like the straight synth sounds, hence why they are so sparse. I would have thought someone would have posted dungeon synth in this forums already, since I think Doom has a kind of Black Metal vibe to it somehow, the rest is math.

EDIT: Just noticed all the avatars on this post are related to the occult lol.

Cool, I love myself some DS! I have a few releases in my Bandcamp-collection actually.

https://bandcamp.com/christianlian if you are interested

Der Feuerbringer gives me several different vibes. Power metal, the Warcraft 2 soundtrack (!) and the Ultima series music, then suddenly some Mortiis-like stuff going on there too.

Ab aeterno reminds me of Crypt of the Wizard era Mortiis.

Cool stuff, looking forward to checking out more =)

Quite cool track, I liked it. I love to listen to dungeon synth sometimes while mapping, I find it very inspiring. Are you taking some inspiration from the classical age for this project?

@darkreaver

I hope I can finnish this album this year... I've been busy with many other things, but I assure you more will come. I couldn't find any of your releases on that bandcamp, how do I find your... band's... bandcamp (solo project in this case), if that makes any sense?

@gaspe

Yes, the theme goes around classical age mythos and philosophy, with a hint of gnosticism. I started this album way back in 2013 when I was really into all that stuff, and have already wrote unsung "lyrics" for each of the songs, so the layout of the album is already done since the beggining. I even have the composed melodies, just haven't recorded them yet. I'm lazy like that.