Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Decked-out Cases

I'm just wondering, does anyone have a custom case or anything? You know, things like neon lights or nuclear etchings on the case window? Anything like that basicaly.

I myself have been considering doing something of that nature to my new computer, if I can afford it after getting all the parts and such.

I took my case apart and have a fan blowing on it. Helps keep it frosty, and my modem connected at 54.6 kbps thanks to it =]

I built a custom monitor stand out of 10 volumes of The Annals of America and a board.

What I'm thinking of doing is putting a neon light inside of the case and putting a biohazzard etching on the window.

To get a little more creative, maybe it would be possible to carve the DooM logo into the side of it using tools from the metal shop or something. Then, put a window under the logo with a neon light. ;)

Uh isn't that what Kat did? I'd link you to a pic, but well I don't know the url.

orion said:

Uh isn't that what Kat did? I'd link you to a pic, but well I don't know the url.

That's cool. Someone give me the pic please!

gatewatcher said:

What I'm thinking of doing is putting a neon light inside of the case and putting a biohazzard etching on the window.

Make sure it's a blue light. Or lose respect.

my new pentium4 has a nice aluminum case. there's some transparent panels i can get for it that'd look good with those neon lights, but $$$ limited so, i'll get my primary parts first, worry about looks later

Why the hell would anyone want to rice out their cases? So you can impress the other dorks at the next LAN party?

Linguica said:

Why the hell would anyone want to rice out their cases? So you can impress the other dorks at the next LAN party?

ROFL

As soon as you mentioned RICE, I thought of this.

Use3D said:

there's some transparent panels i can get for it that'd look good with those neon lights, but $$$ limited so, i'll get my primary parts first, worry about looks later

Yeah, that's my plan too.

Let's see, I can change the wristpad colors on my laptop. Also, I fiddled with the jumpers to disable the green & red lights on my desktop computer.

Fredrik said:

Why would you modify your computer case? I prefer to look at the monitor, not the box.

Heh, I will be also adding some hydraulics to it. You know, so that instead of of bending down all the time to put a cd in the tray, the case will just rise up. ;)

Anyway, I can see most everyone hates the idea off modifying your case. Oh well.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

As soon as you mentioned RICE, I thought of this.

I hate that page.

Anyway, I can see most everyone hates the idea off modifying your case.

Nah, I can see why people do it as it's 1337 and stuff. But it's still kind of pointless in my opinion.

Linguica said:

That's what i wanna ask.

Theres no point!

Ok look, you have money, you have an ugly pc. Why have an ugly pc when you can have a cool pc, and it wont matter to you much either way? Plus, who konws, maybe it's a little personal obsession the fuck has. Like some people here might collect doom shit and spend all their money on it, the other person might get shit to make their pc look nice. Who are we to judge.

Linguica said:

Think of it as the car-modifying scene, but for geeks. Which could explain how one feckless bloke got his P4 to clock at that 3500Mhz or whatever it made.

RailGunner said:

That's what i wanna ask.
Theres no point!

No, Ling said that so you decided to go along with him. If he hadn't said that, your post would have been "HELL YEAH I'M GONNA MAKE THE MOST 1337 CASE EVAR!"

Think of it as the car-modifying scene, but for geeks. Which could explain how one feckless bloke got his P4 to clock at that 3500Mhz or whatever it made.

What did he do, install like ten 80mm fans? =P

Fredrik said:

Case mods is pop-geek culture. True geeks don't do that kind of stuff.

Fine, I'm the NSYNC of geeks then...

Fredrik said:

Case mods is pop-geek culture. True geeks don't do that kind of stuff.

True geeks sit around and build wads that they name Vrack, Vrack2, and Coecits. Right Fredrik? :P

The only changes I'd make is prolly paint a picture on it.

Then in 2 years I can sell it at a yard sale for 50 cents instead of 25 ;)

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Why? I reckon it's funny.

Because it seems they don't like when people make their cars look like they can go faster than they actually can. But in their hall of shamelss you see that prelude that they made to look like a VTEC. So doesn't that kind of put them in the same category as the people they bash? I guess what they think the difference is, is that they succeeded at making that car look like a VTEC while the ones in the hall of shame didn't and decreased their cars performance. The whole thing seems idiotic and I think they're just trieing to look cool by mocking other cars. Worthless, pointless, and hypocritical.

Pimping out your car is pointless. I mean, cars are shitty and only good if you need transportation. Most will only last five or six years before giving out (unless its a Chevy Astro..muahahaha), and these people probably get into more accidents by running into shit while checking the reactions of people they pass by. Then you have a fucked up custom car...yay for you!

the_Danarchist said:

Pimping out your car is pointless. I mean, cars are shitty and only good if you need transportation. Most will only last five or six years before giving out (unless its a Chevy Astro..muahahaha), and these people probably get into more accidents by running into shit while checking the reactions of people they pass by. Then you have a fucked up custom car...yay for you!

Street racing, it could be a good investment, they usually bet shit loads of money. In a few hours they could either make a 1000 or loose a 1000.

gatewatcher said:

What did he do, install like ten 80mm fans? =P

Actually, IIRC he used liquid nitrogen to cool it.