Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XDelusion

Chex Quest for the Dreamcast deh files needed.

I am having trouble figuring out howto make a Deh file to make the Baron of Hell stand still in Ultimate DOOM. I need this deh script to make the last boss act propper in Chex Quest on the DC. Thankx.

Can you just make the last boss a techno pillar or something, and
then give the techno pillar the baron sprite and hitpoints and stuff?

Ya I was trying to avoid that, but it looks like that is what I am going to have to do. Thankx.

P.S. It worked fine under Legacy, so it is definatly something in the nxDOOM code, I know he has tweaked the Deh script to do what it normally would not do on other ports, so that prolly has something to do with it, I'll write him about this.

I don't remember the original Chex DEH being particularly complex at all.

It's been a while since I looked, but is the Chex boss not just simply trapped behind an impassible line so he only has a limited area to move around in? In addition to that, all his graphics are drawn from a front on viewpoint so he may be walking around in a small area, but appears to be sliding from side to side in the cave mouth in front of all those poor captured cereals.

Having actualy gotten Chex.exe to load (somewhat) into DeHackEd, I can safely say that the the only changes to the Barron of Hell (AKA The Flembrane in Chex Quest), code-wise, is that the speed is set to zero, width is set to 2883584, and height is 6553600