Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

just a quick cheack around...

Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. Oh, and technically Strife as well, since Vavoom apparently supports it.

NiGHTMARE said:

Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. Oh, and technically Strife as well, since Vavoom apparently supports it.

It doesn't REALLY support it, it doesn't have all the cool stuff Strife has, it just lets you walk through the levels >_<

Yeah, The Quake community is still around, I don't know to what extent though, if any ports are still being worked on, but a few do exist.

Tomaz(dead, author is now working on a racing mod)(based of off tomaz), MHQuake, GLQuake, CheapHack, Tenebrae(thread about this in the doom3 tech forum)(quake1), I'm sure there are plenty of others, and there are probably Quake2 ports aroud, due to relatively recent source code release.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

I've got GLQuake, but it don't run. Stupid PC. :P

I imagine this is something you already know, and have tried, and for some reason it didn't work, but anyway...
Try renaming the file OpenGl32.dll in your Quake folder to something else (say, OpenGl32.dl) so that the program uses the 'real' OpenGL driver instead.

Otherwise, there is D3DQuake.

For quake stuff go here

http://www.planetquake.com/retroquake/q1_mods.htm

Looks for the ones called "engine". My favourite Q1 OpenGL engine from the list is Tomaz Quake. The unofficial GlQuake 1.13 works pretty well too.

The WolfGL port the Fredrik linked to works really well on my machine. The major limitation that the current version has is the game doesn't stop when you get to the end of an episode. eg, on finishing episode 1, you can simply run up to the wall with the sky texture and the camera view doesn't change, you dont see the animation of your character jumping, and you don't get the summary screen.

mmnpsrsoskl said:
I've got GLQuake, but it don't run. Stupid PC. :P

Go to your quake directory and delete Opengl32.dll.

Edit: *sigh* Forgive my stupidity.

Grazza said:

I imagine this is something you already know, and have tried, and for some reason it didn't work, but anyway...

Well actually, i've never done this :P

Ct_red_pants said:

derectory

Where can I find this derectory, I can't seem to find it :P

heh

Enjay said:
The WolfGL port the Fredrik linked to works really well on my machine. The major limitation that the current version has is the game doesn't stop when you get to the end of an episode. eg, on finishing episode 1, you can simply run up to the wall with the sky texture and the camera view doesn't change, you dont see the animation of your character jumping, and you don't get the summary screen.

heh, yeah it's fun. best of all, Newwolf dosen't give me motion sickness anymore!

mmnpsrsoskl said:
Where can I find this derectory, I can't seem to find it :P

heh

forgive me.

did it work?