Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

want some help re: simpsons doom 2

okay, so i've been banging my head against the wall with this one for a few days now. i just can't seem to get it to work like it should.

i've been trying to get simpsons doom 2 to install properly so i can run it with zdoom, but i can't seem to get it to work no matter what i do. i've run the install.bat and deusf with DOSBox, and it says that the wad file has been completed, but a quick check with Slade confirms that this is not the case. specifically, i think it's supposed to replace all the original Doom 2 frames with the one from simpsons doom 2; as is, the wad file does not replace all frames, making everything look really odd when you load it with zdoom.

so, what am i doing wrong here? i was suggested to use chocolate doom for this, but would it give me the fixed wad file so i can run it with zdoom, or would it just make it so that i could run the mod with chocolate doom, something i don't desire to do? i feel like i am missing something here.

Doomhuntress said:

okay, so i've been banging my head against the wall with this one for a few days now.

That wall must be in bad shape by now.

Hmm, decided to try this, mostly because I wanted to make that quip while actually contributing something. Loading all three wads via ZDL seems to work for me. Afaik ZDoom can load multiple resource wads fine. I didn't run into anything weird-looking on iwads map01/map16 at least. lol the archvile is Quimby.

oh okay.

...wait. i redownloaded the mod, loaded the thing again now and it works just fine in ZDoom? i must've done some fucked up shit to the sprite wad because this is certainly not the result i had when i tried it the first time. i can't seem to get the dehacked file to work properly, whatever it does, but i'm sort of expecting that now regarding graphics and sound replacement mods.

this, uh, this thread can be closed.

I wonder if the patch is from an older version of DHE, from before patches were stored in plain-text format?

Doomhuntress said:

this, uh, this thread can be closed.

You mean you didn't know you can close your own threads? O_o

(sighs)
At the bottom of the thread, you should see the Admin options. Select Open / Close thread, then click "Go."