Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S|aVe.3rN.

Map Builder for doom

does anyone know were i can find the map builder for doom ? i miss makin maps for doom i used to do it a shit load , now i only do it for half-life , but doom is draggin me in once more , im becoming addicted to it again , and i was wondering if you guys know were i can get a program for it ?

There are two main editors that people seem to be using and that's WadAuthor and Deepsea. There are others of course but it's up to you what you want to do. WadAuthor is a fully functional editor and the text states that if you don't register within fifteen days then you need to remove it from your system, it's a trust factor from the author. He requests $20 to register it and it's lifetime updates according to the text file, but his last update that I'm aware of is 03/18/01. Deepsea is released as shareware, you are limited to map size in the shareware. Initial registration for Deepsea is $29 which gives you a key which is basically a modified executable with your name included in the code to make it fully functional. This initial registration gives you six months of updates from the author. After that if you want more updates for another six month period then you pay $15. I usually wait till Deepsea has a substantial update before re-registering with the $15. Jack says that if you become a long term customer of Deepsea then future updates are given free of charge. Even though he didn't say how long that was, meaning a long term customer...:) Just a little input there...hope it helps.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Also consider using deth, the editor of choice for many very skilled authors.

Yes. Deth is also free. Unlike the other 2 mentioned in this thread. although WA is piss easy to crack. :p Just reinstall it over the already installed ed when the time expires. You won't loose any changes at all.,