Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Guest Unregistered account

Don't worry, I'll definitely make a tutorial along with one for the fake reflective floors at some point.

Da Werecat said:

But does it work in GZDoom?

No... as it relies on HOM effects and self-referencing sectors, no OpenGL ports can render this correctly. :c

I used that reflective floor trick you posted a while back in MAP01 of Mutiny, you should check it out when its done.

Thank you for that :)

That's fine; I'm just ecstatic that someone actually used the effect in a WAD!
Thank you.

Joe667 said:

no OpenGL ports can render this correctly. :c

similarly, I'd previously used effects that work in gl ports but not software. seems we can't have our faux-3d cake and eat it too -.-

LOL, I can't believe you just posted that. I noticed that Saturday while I was running the map, there's a HoM visible up there in that ceiling area from over by the light blue key.

EDIT: You can see where the Doom Logo is left on it :P

The Cacowards, and subsequently, Skulldash, was featured on Page 119 of the March 2016 issue of PC Gamer Magazine!

I took this photo while preparing the News, Reviews & Media section of the Skulldash website. If you have or know of anyone who has made a review, a video or any other media relating to Skulldash let me know and I'll add it to the site! :)

Holy crap! One of the editors must be a Doomer.

Congrats Dragonfly and sweet pic! I love the dynamic lighting affecting the floor/ceiling with that red thing on the side.

Yeah, it's cool how you're doing all these visual effects. But are metal bars appropriate in this high tech setting? Maybe it's because of wads like Hell Revealed 2, but I'm more used to seeing them near brown bricks and stuff like that.

Thank you very much; I worried a bit, actually. I mean, I don't know why, just the usual paranoia.

Bonus, 'cause it's the picture thread:

In my personal experience, most beaches are grey, foggy, cold, and full of washed-up whip seaweed.

FuzzballFox said:

Ever heard of Punaluu? Beach with black sand in Hawaii~

For some odd reason, the color combination on that pic makes my eyes very pleased.

ah yes, the much loved "I have no idea where the fuck I'm going w/ this" stage of any map's design

an_mutt said:

ah yes, the much loved "I have no idea where the fuck I'm going w/ this" stage of any map's design

http://i.imgur.com/5BaORl0.png

You're going to make a map inspired by Junji Ito stories.

So you've got the spiral already, now you need a Doomguy-shaped crevice, and of course a reskin of the spider demons to make their brain parts look like sharks, and with fart noises mixed in their move sounds.

I got inspired by a Marathon Infinity netpack and slapped this small room together. Still got a lot to add to it.

I should really find some new textures to work with.

kuchitsu said:

Yeah, I don't know why it's gray but looks nice.

Because I wanted to keep it vanilla, with my logo being the only new texture.

That thing on the left is a spaceship you fly between 3 different planets in one map.
The three planets are : Mars with Udoom E1 tech (this one), "Dirt" with Doom2 E1 tech (a tiny version of earth) and The moon.