Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

E1M7 Progress

Yeah, I uploaded a quick beta of E1M7 since I'm going out of town for a week, the level is completable but is virtually empty except for keys.

Enjoy.

Oh, and for some reason WA wouldn't let me use Doom1.wad as a graphics resource wad, so I had to use the main textures wad instead. Let me know if I have some textures in there that aren't supposed to be in the shareware episode and I'll do something about them.

Archvile64 said:

Let me know if I have some textures in there that aren't supposed to be in the shareware episode and I'll do something about them.

Considering that Geekmarine's E1M4 uses the crate textures, I really don't think it matters too much if you use non-shareware textures, as long as you don't use lots of them.

kristus said:

So the map will just crash a little with shareware texture set. :p

No, the extra textures will be added to the shareware WAD.

A little stupid in my opinion, but whatever.

I'd have no problem changing them if someone could just look through and tell me if there are any non-shareware textures besides the crates (which seem like they will be added to the shareware wad).

I'd do it, but I can't get the freaking shareware wad to work as a resource.

Fredrik said:

No, the extra textures will be added to the shareware WAD.

A little stupid in my opinion, but whatever.

Why is it stupid? Whats the problem, apart from making the WAD bigger?

I guess just cause we're trying to stick as close to the original E1 as we can. I don't see anything wrong with a couple extra textures, particularily the crates, but we should probably stay away from Doom 2 textures.

My idea when I was doing E1 was that I could make whatever I wanted to, since it's a new game; I don't think you should worry with that and don't let the original episode limit your ideas.

It's not as though having non-E1 textures in episode 1 would break compatability with anything.