Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graphic_Delusions

Lost Souls attack = kamikaze

DoomzRules said:

There I corrected it for you! XD

I am not islamist, but have to bear what happens over here due to islamists. Both in political scale, people killed etc.
Trust me, at the moment, there are many people all over the world who can't "lighten up" over this, as the effects of it are currently changing the political athmosphere in many countries towards something we shouldn't want and many fear (nationalist parties gaining power left and right).

I am all open for satire and actually quite vocal about defending it, especially after what happened in the recent past. But this is not satire, but simply a joke gone wrong, because there is no satirical component to Lost Souls wearing Turbans and screaming Alluha Akhbar.

It's a matter too delicate at the moment to make useless fun off, and it's actually rubbing many people the wrong way, so it would be best to simply drop it, don't you think?

tuo said:

I am not islamist, but have to bear what happens over here due to islamists. Both in political scale, people killed etc.
Trust me, at the moment, there are many people all over the world who can't "lighten up" over this, as the effects of it are currently changing the political athmosphere in many countries towards something we shouldn't want and many fear (nationalist parties gaining power left and right).

I am all open for satire and actually quite vocal about defending it, especially after what happened in the recent past. But this is not satire, but simply a joke gone wrong, because there is no satirical component to Lost Souls wearing Turbans and screaming Alluha Akhbar.

It's a matter too delicate at the moment to make useless fun off, and it's actually rubbing many people the wrong way, so it would be best to simply drop it, don't you think?

#LostSoulsMatter

tuo said:

Who the hell cares if his joke was "satire" or not. I find the idea of a turban wearing lost soul to be extremely funny. It would be pretty funny if somewhere in hell one of the lost souls and only that lost soul had a Hitler mustache as well.

They were cooler in the original. A group of like 10 lost souls going nuts on you would ruin you! Plus they were ammo killers, so they were challenging. If they blow up like that.. They don't seem too much of a threat. Especially if you can side step them and have them explode on a wall. Sigh..

Champskiez103 said:

They were cooler in the original. A group of like 10 lost souls going nuts on you would ruin you! Plus they were ammo killers, so they were challenging. If they blow up like that.. They don't seem too much of a threat. Especially if you can side step them and have them explode on a wall. Sigh..

Exactly what i was thinking, Some enemies old attacks (Like the Revenants homing misseles) would make the fights more challenging , I Hope they didn't forget about them .

Champskiez103 said:

As long as they're dangerous when they blow up In your face, I have no problem. Think of the Beheaded Kamikazes from Serious Sam. A group of Kamikazes would literally kill you In one hit, Hell, even two hits from two Kamikazes can kill you In a second.

hardcore_gamer said:

Who the hell cares if his joke was "satire" or not. I find the idea of a turban wearing lost soul to be extremely funny.

Something like this? ;-P

tuo said:

Where do you draw the line what subjects you can or can't make fun of and when you can make fun of them? People have freedom of speech and making fun about these kind of contemporary and sensitive subjects is what black comedy is about. If you make a joke about a past subject no one cares about then sure, nobody will be offended, but the joke wouldn't be funny anymore. And I'm personally libertarian politically, but I'd rather have a nationalist government in my country than get preached and censored by far left society.

tuo said:

For the record, I don't find 'jokes' of this kind offensive at all. It's just that they are mostly cheap low-hanging fruit for unfunny cancerous tweens who try so hard to make up for their lack of touch and personality by replicating black mature adultperson humor.

Almonds said:

For the record, I don't find 'jokes' of this kind offensive at all. It's just that they are mostly cheap low-hanging fruit for unfunny cancerous tweens who try so hard to make up for their lack of touch and personality by replicating black mature adultperson humor.

I actually just have a dark sense of humor. It probably has to do a lot with the fact that I love the Evil Dead franchise, Hellsing Abridged, Hellsing, TeamFourStar, and just black comedy in general.

To be quite frank, I wouldn't mind a little joke like that with a Lost Soul wearing a keffiyeh or turban shouting ALLAHU AKBAR! while charging at you.

Why is this thread getting derailed with politically incorrect Islam jokes? The title clearly specified that the attack is a kamikaze so it would make more sense for the Lost Souls to have a Japanese flag headband and scream "Nippon Banzai!" as they charge you.

Champskiez103 said:

They were cooler in the original. A group of like 10 lost souls going nuts on you would ruin you! Plus they were ammo killers, so they were challenging.

IMO the original Lost Soulds are lame. Annoying and tedious to fight.

The new once look like an improvment and the kamikaze ability is a nice addition.

larrypotter said:

Freedom of speech

K I'll start insulting you and you can't do shit, That's Freedoom of speech too .

larrypotter said:

Where do you draw the line what subjects you can or can't make fun of and when you can make fun of them? People have freedom of speech and making fun about these kind of contemporary and sensitive subjects is what black comedy is about. If you make a joke about a past subject no one cares about then sure, nobody will be offended, but the joke wouldn't be funny anymore. And I'm personally libertarian politically, but I'd rather have a nationalist government in my country than get preached and censored by far left society.

I don't want to derail this thread any further. Thus I answered you in PM.

IMO, the kamikaze thing is a stupid way make cannon fodder.
I liked shooting 3 shells at flying fiery skulls that have a ramming attack. I like it

So uhm, it's fine if the Lost souls explode as long as it causes some damage (20 is perfect IMO) .

HellVain said:

Man...This thread escalated rather dangerously.

I guess you could say this was a Cuban Thread Crisis.

DoomzRules said:

I guess you could say this was a Cuban Thread Crisis.

This thread is a ticking time bomb.

I am actually a little underwhelmed by the new lost souls.

They take ages to agro and will only attack the player one lost soul at a time.

Go look at all the streams. Its extremely apparent. If such a system is in place for lost souls I fear for the rest of the encounters. Only two melee mobs actively hitting you at one time while the rest just looks busy but actually does not attack? Only two former soldiers firing at you at the same time? Etc. etc.

redrage said:

Only two melee mobs actively hitting you at one time while the rest just looks busy but actually does not attack?

Sounds exactly like fighting a bunch of pinkies/spectres. They tend to run back and forth with the occasional unsuccessful bite attempt.