Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

okay, now that the glass is shattering ... this question...

okay,now that i got the glass to shatter all over the place, just like i wanted... how can i make these fragments disappear? each window kicks out like 100 8x8 items, so as you might guess it quickly begins to add up? is it possible to just leave them there for a sweet effect, or will it crash the game? and if it does, then how can i fix it? thanks

That's weird, I always wondered how you could get them to stay. I thought they disappeared automatically.

it's funny that you say that because I was looking through I believe it's Tarin's ACSstuff.wad and he has some breaking fragment things to, and they DO disappear ... i checked out the script to see how he was doing this, but there was nothing in the code... dang i wonder whats up?

I believe it may be because he replaced the pool of blood sprites with the shattered glass and shattered wood fragment graphics. The blood drop sprites disappear after a short while. He used a DeHacked patch to give thing attributes to the glass and wood fragments.

oh, trust me, i don't mind them laying there, it looks f'n awesome... i just hope it wont crash the game... either way, my window breaking effect looks much better then his... i'm telling you, my level is really shaping up... it still needs a lot of work, but wait until you guys see it.. i swear it rocks