Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
qoncept

Anyone else still trying to get the game to run?

I bought a gaming PC that'd be able to run Doom a few months ago. When the beta was released last month I tried and couldn't get it to run, then just figured I'd give up till the final game came out. Here am I 4 days later still unable to play. Bethesda's support has done a great job of having me check the same half a dozen things over and over and over again.

I've never had high hopes for the game and it looks like by the time I get to play I'll be totally sick of it anyway. :\

r_init: getpostnumberforname: post not found!

Edited by Justince

When I click on Launch, the screen turns black for a second like it's loading, then drops back to the desktop without an error message, and nothing shows up in the Windows Event Viewer.

I meet the specs (AMD-FX 8350, Geforce 960 2gb, Win10-64, 2x 240gb ssd, 16gb ram)

- I've updated my geforce drivers to 365.19 (the latest, linked directly from the Steam page)
- Dxdiag confirms this and everything else is good
- Verified download in Steam
- All other drivers and Windows updates are up to date
- Closed everything else running
- Made recommended Geforce changes (disable vsync, etc)
- No overclocking

But, as you said.. I really don't think I have anything to go on. I can't find any kind of error in any logs.

r_init: getpostnumberforname: post not found!

Edited by Justince

The lack of any error messages is really weird, it only makes troubleshooting more difficult. Why would they just have it close, you wonder?

Justince said:

Have you done a fresh install of your video driver? If not, a good idea would be to download and install Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and wipe it out completely, then re-download the entire driver package directly from nvidia. Try that first then we can try something else.

I uninstalled through Windows bu I haven't tried that Display Driver Uninstaller. I'll try it out when I get home. Thanks!