Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hahah, the name of this wad is scary. OOWSFMLP..

Actually, i think i'll try this one tomorrow. I like 1 map vanilla wads.

Decent map, reminds a lot of Requiem. It looks like the imps can block you jumping off the lavafall near yellow door though. Not a fan of the bumpy floors.

40oz said:

?????

How do you do that?

The shotgun is resting on a self-referencing sector. In-game it doesn't look as convincing as in the screenshot, because the two things don't share the same coordinates (still a nice idea, though).

boris said:

the two things don't share the same coordinates

They could theoretically be only 1 map unit away from each other if the self referencing sector was drawn properly.

here's another fda: https://www.mediafire.com/?xbefp7aaebgdr6d

allright map, I guess. Aside from the BSK, combat was nearly nonexistent (the age-old "open a door and shoot at monsters in the room in front of you"), but I get the idea the map was supposed to be more about atmosphere than combat, so ohwell.

cool midi, and I like darkness-oriented maps, so works for me. and yeah, the pillar shotgun thing was neat.

I enjoyed this a heck of a lot and would have enjoyed it more if not for the occasional deadly cheap shots from sergeants I hadn't seen yet. You do some pretty amazing work with the vanilla textures, and the custom textures you do use are very well employed.

I did have some issues with your use of the gothic red lights texture, which in my experience is customarily used to mark key doors. This led to me thinking a certain door was a red key door until I double-checked the automap in zDoom and realized I could, in fact, open it. It isn't your fault that a lot of people use that texture for key doors, and you do a fairly consistent job of marking doors with the colored skull textures, but I just thought I'd let you know that it could be a point of confusion. Maybe if the texture was used often as a decorative lights texture at the very beginning of the map, before the confusing door? (The door that confused me is the one in the small courtyard with a blue door, where there's also a normal door flanked by the red lights texture.)

Also, give me some goddamn armor! At the very least a green armor should be available moderately early on. This would probably have made the aforementioned sergeant spam piss me off less. ;)

boris said:

The shotgun is resting on a self-referencing sector. In-game it doesn't look as convincing as in the screenshot, because the two things don't share the same coordinates (still a nice idea, though).

Holy crap! I completely missed that the Shotgun was sitting on a Pedestal sprite and not on a column sector. Nice!

Lots of fun. Dark enough to be disquieting, but not dark enough to be really annoying and frustrating. You have just enough time to react as things come at you. Favorite author-unintended moment: standing by the window in sector 181 overlooking the lava river with all the Lost Souls. They all activated and came towards me. Waited for them to come through the window one at a time. Realized the window was tagged impassable and just stood there while they all bumped into and killed each other until there was only one left. One shell. Great way to save ammo.

Minor thing. Found two missing textures. Line 2929 in the Imp area in the lava room just before the exit.

Well done.