Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Metal 2000

How do I double jump?

You can't double jump during the first early missions, later you'll find some boots that allow you to do that

The Praetor suit is essentially like Samus's power suit in Metroid... if it were hopped up on testosterone and powered by Satan.

DMPhobos said:

You can't double jump during the first early missions, later you'll find some boots that allow you to do that

But I saw a video of TotalBiscuit where he's double jumping in a level I already completed. Maybe the ultra-violence difficulty I chose changes this a bit? I'm not totally sure.

Death Metal 2000 said:

But I saw a video of TotalBiscuit where he's double jumping in a level I already completed. Maybe the ultra-violence difficulty I chose changes this a bit? I'm not totally sure.

If you replay levels you have already beaten you can use the gear you got from the later ones, including Double Jump.

Once you have the Jump boots you can go back to a previous mission on the same save and replay it. You get the Boots early in the Argent Tower level. It's the 5th map.

That's a bit stupid, it (IMO) makes replay ability redundant. What's the point in playing the game again when you already have all of the abilities you can get? The whole point of this new DOOM was to explore ways in levels to get new abilities, then it throws it all out of the window in terms of replay ability by saying "we're just going to give you it all?" No thanks...

Are you new to the concept of New Game + or something? Just create a new save if you want to start from scratch.

I know, but there's not much point in exploring for those items once you restart the game again if you already get them at the start because you got it from playing through previously.

Death Metal 2000 said:

That's a bit stupid, it (IMO) makes replay ability redundant. What's the point in playing the game again when you already have all of the abilities you can get? The whole point of this new DOOM was to explore ways in levels to get new abilities, then it throws it all out of the window in terms of replay ability by saying "we're just going to give you it all?" No thanks...

You don't yet know the joys of using a BFG in the very first level just because you can.