Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Predict the Rotten Tomatoes score for the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot

The Civ said:

You're so fucking cool man. God damn, look how edgy and awesome you are. I gotta say, you really got those youngsters!

Sarcasm aside, you're the one that needs to grow the fuck up if you can't handle someone else having a different opinion. Absolutely embarrassing really, when you're trying to tout yourself as the hottest, oldest, and wisest shit in town

Now THIS is comedy.

I think if you just convince yourself that the original movies don't exist for 2 hours (or however long this one is going to be), you CAN have a good time. It seems to be the best thing you can do with pretty much any reboot. Comparing them to the originals will almost always result in less enjoyment, but if you leave your brain at home maybe you can have some fun.

60-70%

Liked by most, hated by some. I'm seeing it with friends, so hopefully it won't cause my eyes to bleed from being shitty

kuchitsu said:

I think if you just convince yourself that the original movies don't exist

This latest Adam Sandler movie looks especially awful.

It has women in it, and women being leading people in anything reminds me of when my mom forced me to clean my room and eat my broccoli, so it's gonna be a bad movie. Zero percent!

an_mutt said:

It has women in it, and women being leading people in anything reminds me of when my mom forced me to clean my room and eat my broccoli, so it's gonna be a bad movie. Zero percent!

DAE think women are literally an oppressed minority in liberal western countries? The cast being female has no bearing on the actual quality of the film.

I think it's funny that a lot of people are claiming that it's sexist to be so dismissive of the new movie, based on the primary cast being female. What those folks are conveniently ignoring is that there is not a single remotely funny action or line of dialogue in the trailer. Just bad timing, bad writing, uninspired cinematography and tired stereotypes. We can't blame the actresses for this. But we can blame the comedically-challenged writers/director, who clearly missed every beat and have utterly failed to comprehend the jazzy rhythms which define comedy.

80% from critics, since anybody who doesn't rate this movie as great is <insert tumblr terms here> but crowd score will be 30%.

Interestingly, being someone who spends a lot of time on Tumblr, I don't think I've seen a single person who said the movie was gonna be great because of the female leads.

If anything, I've only seen negative reactions there because the movie just straight up doesn't look entertaining.

However, if you're choosing not to see the movie purely on the basis that it has a primarily female cast, then I've got some news for you...

GoatLord said:

We can't blame the actresses for this.

Oh no I absolutely can blame Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig for this.

It's honestly just another soulless Hollywood reboot cash in with the whole *create an atmosphere but then break it with a stupid unfunny joke or with a side comment* cliche humor... in a two minute trailer I've seen this 'technique' get repeated 3 times, and over usage of cgi is a joke, especially since it's based on an old movie.

But the biggest deal breaker for me is the politics that went on behind the scenes and how Sony (Amy Pascal) treated Ivan Reitman (who wanted to do an actual sequel) behind the scenes and effectively froze him out of the process. I mean, I'm indifferent to people messing up their own franchises... on the other hand here was a different story.

Doomkid said:

I've seen far more of this from the people defending the movie than the ones criticising it. Merely expressing dislike for it apparently makes you an instant woman hater in many circles of the web, so I've just been sorta avoiding videos and other discussion on the topic as it's absurdly divisive. I can only assume its gotten even more insane on both sides of the fence in the last month or so.

Yeah, I've noticed this too... seriously.

an_mutt said:

Totally, must be why everyone hating on it also hates the Alien series as well, and why Inspector Wears Skirts is totally not a beloved cult film that had 4 sequels (I have all of them on DVD ^^), must be why everyone that sees this movie as a turd boycotted Lara Craft, Kill Bill, Charlies Angels, and I Spit on Your Grave as well. There's nothing groundbreaking about a movie in 2016 starring women as leads, outperforming the male cast. In fact many films have managed to do this while using a likable cast at the same time.

Tarnsman said:

Oh no I absolutely can blame Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig for this.

Lol, I was trying to give them the benefit of a doubt. In all honesty, most women--and indeed most men--aren't funny! Seth Rogan, Adam Sandler, Josh Gad...fuck 'em. Not funny.

GoatLord said:

Seth Rogan, Adam Sandler, Josh Gad...fuck 'em. Not funny.

Seth Rogan actually almost got cast by the same person who ruined the film, haha.

dethtoll said:

Now THIS is comedy.

Yeah, you've been a member since 2004. Now you should grow the fuck up. Every post of yours that I've read you've been an antagonist. You act like you're the grown up, and you try to point that out in every post, but you don't post anything except sophomoric drivel.

The trailer's horrible. I thought the original Ghost Busters cast was going to be in it? That's what I read years ago anyway. This one just looks downright stupid, wimmins or no wimmins.

PureSlime said:

help me.

what is this thread

There is no help. The damned have spoken.

The trailers are unfunny and horrible, and it is not because of the wimmins characters. If the new Ghostbusters weren't wimmins, but everything else was the same, then it would still be horrible.

As has been said many times before, they're basically using the wimmins as an excuse to call anyone, even other wimmins, sexist, for having legitimate complaints about the film.

At least a 13%.

Why bastardize our childhoods? First, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, now Ghostbusters.

All I can say Is; I'll rather be damned to watch The Room for the rest of my life, then watch this excuse of a "reboot".

There have been more reboots/sequels/threequels/remakes in the last 10 years than pretty much all of Hollywood's history. I suspect this is because there are more people than there used to be, and thus more demand for product. So you necessarily have to saturate the market with dogshit, because product must be made, so you have more instances of forgettable films that make a quick buck, and fewer instances of truly memorable, timeless classics. I don't think a hell of a lot of classics have been coming out lately. I mean, we won't know for a few decades whether this is the case, but I think the vast, vast majority of these films will be forgotten. That's certainly been the case in the past. Yeah, you can probably name plenty of classics from the last 70 years of Hollywood, but you probably can't name the thousands of others that were also released.

Azazel Bloodfucker said:

Well it's just a discussion thread Captain Red, if mods thought this movie was being shilled too much they probably would of deleted this thread.

He has a good point though. (I thought it was funny the way he worded it.)

Wovenloaf said:

There should be a filter for "SJW" too.

I second this.

Tritnew said:

I'll rather be damned to watch The Room for the rest of my life, then watch this excuse of a "reboot".

I could do that anyway.

There was one funny joke where the ghost escaped the huwoman by a slap, the rest was just cringy.
So 2% probably. or 6% if there'll be 2 more (actualy) gags.

Tritnew said:

All I can say Is; I'll rather be damned to watch The Room for the rest of my life, then watch this excuse of a "reboot".

At least The Room was actually funny. Not intentionally of course, but still. The new Ghostbusters looks unwatchable, which is something that even The Room couldn't accomplish. That is a whole new level of awful.

PureSlime said:

This sure was a comment.

I can't say I disagree. Look at this thing's trailer. The movie was flat out designed to cater to those crazy motherfuckers...

PureSlime said:

help me.

what is this thread

Oh gee, I can't comprehend that people have different opinions than me about a movie, thread getting out of hand.. what a non rebuttal, why even post? Between posts like this and projecting other people's opinions for them, you're doing a great job representing Tumblr.

PureSlime said:

However, if you're choosing not to see the movie purely on the basis that it has a primarily female cast, then I've got some news for you...

Who the fuck are you even talking to when you say this?

RUSH said:

At least The Room was actually funny. Not intentionally of course, but still. The new Ghostbusters looks unwatchable, which is something that even The Room couldn't accomplish. That is a whole new level of awful.

I second It. The Room Is somewhat enjoyable In a horrible way.