• Quake 1 + Malice
    • NMNCorp Complete
    • Powerslave
    • UAC Ultra
    • Darkening E2
    • AVP 2

ChaingunnerX said:

Can i take map02 slot?

Zakurum nabbed it just in time, but if he'd rather take 08 you could.

ALSO a note don't start mapping until June starts because I am reorganizing the quake resource for user-friendliness: texture names will change!

Marcaek said:

Zakurum nabbed it just in time, but if he'd rather take 08 you could.

ALSO a note don't start mapping until June starts because I am reorganizing the quake resource for user-friendliness: texture names will change!

Yeah, ChaingunnerX can have MAP02. I'll switch my claim to MAP08 and MAP20

Reservation is only for the Mapslot x 10 rule, right?

I hope people aren't going to reserve EVERYTHING.

^^ we're doing this now. I talked to Breezeep and he's cool with it.

lulz at AD doing yet another 50 Monster map :P

And just a heads up to the folks ahead of me, I plan on making my map kinda long, so hopefully we're not planning on having too many large maps in a row.

Since there are 3 texture packs, we could use them for a different episodes.

dobu gabu maru said:

lulz at AD doing yet another 50 Monster map :P

heh yeah might as well do one more.

btw, just so people don't have to go through the last 20 or so posts to see what's claimed, here's a quick+dirty spreadsheet to make it a little easier. Will update as more slots are claimed.

I prefer working in secrecy over announcing my involvement (as I like making unpleasant surprises with my sudden submissions), but in this situation I'll most likely end up being left behind with an attitude like that. So, I'll take 13.

Also, should the slot 31 proposal about 3100 monsters remain intact and should I not burn out after making one map like I usually do - I'd like to give it a try. Never utilized hordes that big actually, in spite of all the stuff with similar monstercounts I've beaten to date, so such an army would be interesting to mobilize for me personally. As long as no one minds of course.

there seems to be a wide selection of textures, should any sort of thematic consistency be enforced? (i.e. maps in early slots are roughly theme X, later maps theme Y, etc?). My plan was to just use the darken2 stuff, which felt appropriate for early slots

Demonologist said:

Well, unless you consider my maps in previous installments such boxes - I think I'll manage, heh.

Jokes aside, I did find that Imago Mortis was one of my favorite 2048 maps, but your 1500 entry was kind of uninspired.

Ribbiks said:

there seems to be a wide selection of textures, should any sort of thematic consistency be enforced? (i.e. maps in early slots are roughly theme X, later maps theme Y, etc?). My plan was to just use the darken2 stuff, which felt appropriate for early slots

No enforcement, use what looks good imo. Mixing and matching may provide interesting results in some cases.

oops doublepost

So, we're going for the mapslotx10 option?

Can you gave us a list of the rserved mapslot so far?

Mappers choose what restriction they want of the two. Read up a bit for a list of who claimed what.