Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Hoop-dee Doop-dee

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Does anyone but me think that the shotgun is the most underrated gun in Doom? I don't think the ol' boomstick got the praise it deserved.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Yeah.. Duke3D's shotgun is one fo those sissy "I need a handle so I don't get blisters on my pretty-boy @$$-wiping hands" shotguns. The good ol' Doom boomstick is for me. And don't forget it's slower, but more powerful big brother, the double-barrel sawed-off shotgun (or the Super Shotgun for short.). I never was a big Duke 3D fan.

I love Duke3D, but no game has a shotgun with a "feel" like DooM's. The only game with a shotgun I really like is Shogo.

The point of combat grips on a 12 gauge is just that you don't fuck up your shoulder. I'd like to see you shoot a 12 gauge 99 times in a row and not have a humongous patch of dead flesh on your shoulder! I've used both, and with those pistol grips (tactical grips) you can fire a shotty all fucking day long. Very nice.

The thing is you can get carpal tunnel in a fucking heartbeat if you don't keep your wrists straight when shooting. They make shooter's gloves with aluminum plates in them to keep your wrists straight. Very important, especially if you're going to save humanity single handedly.

A .44 Magnum (or .440, .454, .44 Cor-Bon, .50AE) pistol could snap your fucking wrist like a toothpick if you hold it wrong. I would love to see some gangsta trash fire a .44 sideways, that'd just be totally fucking hilarious. Don't forget, those chamberings are kicking out a slug of metal that's going fast enough to punch a hole through a truck engine, so you should obviously know there's some kickback.

The original Blood has the ultra supreme double barrelled sawed off.

Red Faction has a really kickass shotgun. It's autoloading. POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW. Alt-fire is a hellacious double barrelled blast. Very versatile.

It's the sound that keeps bringing me back.

Ahh...yes...both the shotgun and super shotgun were such MANLY weapons.

And if you did the guns akimbo in Blood, with the shotgun, and fired both barrels in both guns -- oh yes that was a massively satisfying sound.

And the shotgun in Goldeneye, even though it sucked ass, made a sound that made you think you had the power of a M1A1 tank shell in your hands.

And I'm tired of seein swat team gear bein used by maverick FPS characters (i.e. duke nukem). NO MORE BLACK PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS PLEASE! USE A FUCKIN AUTOMATIC ONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Yeah, the sound is the most important part of the perfect shotgun, followed by the impact effect and the recoil.

Ahh...yes...both the shotgun and super shotgun were such MANLY weapons.

What's a womanly weapon, then? Chainsaw? :)

I like the sound of the Shotgun you get in the HL Hi-Def pack. That's a meaty shotgun.

And I'm tired of seein swat team gear bein used by maverick FPS characters (i.e. duke nukem). NO MORE BLACK PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS PLEASE! USE A FUCKIN AUTOMATIC ONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Well Duke takes shotguns from corrupted SWAT officers so that sorta makes sense.

If you want to see a real semi-auto shotgun you should play yourself some Red Faction. =)

I like the sound of the Shotgun you get in the HL Hi-Def pack. That's a meaty shotgun.

Is there any way of getting that model pack without buying blue shift?

BLAM! Ch-chak! BLAM! Ch-chak!
I will never tire of hearing that sound.

And yes, I have fired a real-live pump-action shotgun like the one in DooM, and it kicked like a mule.
It hurts your shoulder when you fire one for the first time, but after a while you get used to it. If I wasn't so tall, I would have probably been knocked flat on my ass by the recoil of the thing.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

By the way... A CHAINSAW AIN'T A WOMANLY WEAPON. Just watch the movies 'Evil Dead 2' and 'Army of Darkness' if ya don't believe me. (Bruce Campbell RULES!) Oh yeah, and thank's for clearing me up on teh pistol-grip shotgun deadnail.. maybe what I meant to say (since I've never fired off a firearm b4,.. BB guns DONT COUNT.) was.. well, I think the Doom shotgun looks cooler... cant ya just get a shoulder pad or somethin'? If not, make one yourself! Get a whole ton of duct tape, man. Yeah, the 'The World is Not Enough' shotgun, the Finsei Special 12 is pretty cool, with the rapid auto-fire function. >:) BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM!! Eight slugs up yo enemy's @$$. ...And a womanly weapon..? A b!tc#-slap. Or a frying pan. :)

Probably the best shotgun you could get, if you could choose any, would be the USAS-12. United States Automatic Shotgun, 12 Gauge. Gasoline powered, 20 round drums, and of course semi-automatic. Works with specialty rounds, like flamethrower or explosive shells too.

I hate these damn stupid rifles with stocks. If you're a big enough sissy you can put a sandbag between the end and your shoulder... like I do. =)

You don't want a rifle that close anyway... if it has a scope the kickback could drive it right through your eye. That's called a 'relief', the spacing between the end of the scope and your eye so firing it doesn't kill you. At least I think it's called a relief, I really don't know. =P

I like the half and half combination... picture the Doom shotgun in your head. Add a pistol grip and another one on the slide. Now it works both ways, fire it however the fuck you please.

The proper way to saw off a shotgun is a little more complex than most people realize. You do saw off the barrels as short as possible but you can't cut the support short or the gun might break when firing. Filing the ends smooth is important too, you don't want to cut yourself on a jaggie. Seriously, jagged metal is painful as fuck. The next bit is to saw off the stock, preferably right where it breaks from a grip to the shoulder. The end of that will fray, unless you put a few layers of electrical or duct tape around it just to keep it smooth. The next step is to drill a small hole through the bottom of it so you can feed a lanyard through it. They don't make sawed off shotgun holsters, so the best you could do would be put a nylon rope through it and carry it sorta like a purse.

A really old classic trick, when you're taping up the stock you cut, is to tape a spoon into it to absorb most of the firing shock. Just bend it partway until it fits comfortably in your hand. The first shot will bend it to your hand, though. This is the trick a lot of bank robbers did, they only needed one shot just to frighten people anyway.

Didn't you fuckers ever watch Dragnet? The LSD episode is a classic. =)

Makes me wonder why they don't make rifles/shotguns with a stock that has a bunch of springs in it. Probably because you shoot it, it glides towards you, then it springboards off of your chest 20 feet into the forest. Yeah, that's probably why. Hahah.

The best weapon design yet is the bullpup design. It's ugly as hell and it looks weird to grab but damn are they comfortable as fuck to hold. Haven't shot one yet but I hear nothing but praise for them. Look for a picture of the FN-P90... that's a good bullpup submachinegun. They do make semi-auto bullpup shotguns... I bet they're comfortable as hell.

They're kinda like a gun that wraps all the way around your arm, balanced for weight too.

No self respecting marine taking on the armies of Hell would be caught dead without one.

BB guns DONT COUNT

Actually they do count. Especially if you are talking about those high powered models. In the U.S. you can walk into a Wal-Mart and buy a BB gun that has a higher muzzle velocity than a .22. No liscence, no background check, no age limit, no nothing. Totally fucked up :P

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Why the heck would you want a scope on your shotgun anyway? The thing just sprays everywhere, and at distance viewed by a scope, it'd be pretty hard to hit what you're aiming at. NEVER SNIPE IN A VIDEO GAME WITH A SHOTGUN (unless it's the Doom shotgun that somehow neatly shoots in a horizontal line. :D)

And there was a Meyer Bullpup in TWINE.

Oh yeah. Dragnet rules.

....and why don't we start talking about chainsaws now?

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Yeah.. my friend has a 'pellet rifle' that could be potentially lethal.... and the pellets are shaped a bit differently. |><| <--- Like that

Anybody ever play Marathon? It had the same style shotgun as Terminator 2, with the circular triggerguard. Thing probably couldn't hit the broad side of the sun, but boy did it look cool.

All I've gotta say is: Some of you people know WAAAAY too much about guns.

Doom-Child: bastard son of the id and the ego.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Ne'er heard o' the game.

Old game, made by Bungie, before anyone realized they actually had a little talent. The real pity was that the game never made it to PC. Got stuck on the Mac.

DC

BB guns are fucking a dangerous bucko. You don't play around with 'em. They only have half the range of a .22 but they can really fuck something up. I used to have a great BB rifle but it broke... =(

Hell, my .22 fell apart too. Damn firing chamber seized up and it's sorta bent weird now. Goddammit. I hate these tiny caliber fragile weapons. I only use them for target practice anyway because it's fun, not that I want to repair the fucking thing every week.

I guess that's why I like single shots and double barrels. Just about zero maintainence on the fuckers.

A scope on a shotgun? Ever heard of a slug? A 20 gauge with slugs is pretty damn accurate up to 200 yards you know, a 12 gauge has even more range.

Scopes are primarily for rifles though, think about a 30-06... that damn thing could cave your face in if you had the scope too close. =)

My favorite weapon right about now is a single shot double barrel. The top barrel is 30-06. The bottom barrel is 12 gauge. I'm thinkin' about getting it for just a few small reasons.

#1 I'm in Michigan. We have things like foxes, coyotes, badgers and wolverines around here. Ever seen a pissed off wolverine? That's the kind of animal you don't want to shoot with a small gun for fear of just making it more pissed off.

#2 It'll do great for all sorts of the animals. Hit 'em with the 12, and while they're down and suffering, put 'em out real quick and painlessly with the 30-06. Very little effort required and the evil nature bastard suffers less.

#3 I bet it'll be fun as hell to do some target shooting with it, and this will be 99.99999% of the use I have for it. When I do it. Which will probably be 2 to 3 times a year.

Ah, fuck it. I'll just buy another computer first. =P

Know way too much about guns....... pbbst. Fuck that. All I do is pay attention when information arises. I'm attentive.

Hey topper, I don't remember ever seeing that avatar. Did ling make the new upload page?

And I played your wad. I'll email you what I think soon.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Heh heh.. ya played my WAD? Here comes the criticism.. well, I guess MAYBE it's not bad for a big-time nebw to level editing, but then again, I'm mainly in my experimental stage.