Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Pokemon Go, opinions?

Ah! Clyde Lewis with Ground Zero is talking about this now; let the conspiracy theories fly!

Edit

Oh shit, he just dropped the "Morgan Freeman in The Dark Knight when Bruce Wayne installed backdoor systems for geo-spatial imaging in cell phones produced by his company and asked him to use it to find the Joker" card. Oh gee, that's heavy doc.

So, playing through it some more after re-installing it to give it a second chance, I got around to leveling up to lvl 7. I ended up choosing red team. Caught a Cubone, played it a little more, but it still feels pointless. Nothing but Pidgeys and Ratattas and an occasional cool Pokemon. In the end, it still feels really boring and pointless. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, it drains battery power super fast.

I got my Cubone and my Charmander and that's all that matters for me.

Interesting concept, but from what I can gather, the technology behind it seems a bit primitive. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through Pokemon Blue when it came out, but haven't had any desire to play any subsequent iterations of the series. It never ceases to amaze me just how long this franchise has managed to stay relevant.

Recently the Unified Demon app has eaten a whopping 4 gb of my data without me knowing...how data intensive is this game?

Man, I am laughing so hard at all these lunatics coming from the woodworks talking about how Pokemon Go is DEMONIC SATAN SPAWN

It's like 1999 all over again!

I honestly don't remember the VIRTUAL DEMONS thing, but I do remember the OMG EVOLUTION meltdown.

Which was actually even funnier now that I think about it.

Heh, people seriously think that it's going to cause their children to disconnect from reality?

It's called imagination. I'm told kids do it all the time.

Well, imagination is a wonderful tool, but it can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

So this is being played by alot of people in hospitals, People are throwing up gyms, lures and all this stuff at the hospitals. It's not all bad. It's also kinda funny to me how many people are getting their panties in a bunch over people playing this game when it has nothing to do with them. That being said some people obviously need to pull their heads and phones out of their asses though.

DooM_RO said:

Recently the Unified Demon app has eaten a whopping 4 gb of my data without me knowing...how data intensive is this game?

It uses 10 to 20mb an hour on average.

Unless you've been playing the game non-stop for days on end, i have no idea how you've managed to burn away that much data.

MrGlide said:

It's also kinda funny to me how many people are getting their panties in a bunch over people playing this game when it has nothing to do with them.

Only in America could an app revolving around going outside and exploring the area be met with criticism

Mr. Freeze said:

Only in America could an app revolving around going outside and exploring the area be met with criticism

I think it's about the people playing it, not the fact that outside exist. Best to buckle up and not be a chucklefuck.

Having looked at the android appstore page for the game, all the user reviews I see are along the line "complete shit: servers always saturated, crashes all the time, can't play the game, really pointless".

Mr. Freeze said:

I love EE for ignorant posts such as this.

My little stepbrother goes apeshit for this game... and for the fact that he can't download the game on his version of app store... (He lives in the Emirates, my dad work there...)

Apparently some guy who had a warrant out for his arrest walked up to a Michigan police station, stood by the flagpole and started to interact with the gym located there. He didn't notice where he was. 2 cops walked outside, greeted him, arrested him, put him in a holding cell, he was arraigned, and released on a personal bond until his court date.

Augmented reality could be a game-changer

I love that so many of the people playing this are so switched off that they literally forget they're still in the real world while they're playing it. If any harm comes to you as a "result" of playing Pokemon Go, you deserve it. No shit. So many people out there are blaming the game for their lack of spatial awareness and/or double digit IQs, it's frankly a load of shit. A person's ineptitude is not the fault of the devs.

Just had another run in with a Poké-idiot.

I am currently at work, and a car is coming down the long driveway. He slams on his breaks about halfway to the gate, goes in reverse really fast, stops, then drives up to the gate. He was almost out of breath from excitement.

"QUESTION FOR YOU." Says he whilst pointing at me.
"Yes?" Responded I.
"Do you play pokémon?!" He asked.
"No. I play Doom." Responded I.
"Oh. Well because there's a pikachu back there!" Said he...

I am so disappointed in humanity.

It's a good concept but, unfortunately, human stupidity makes this a huge risk. I'm sure Nintendo had good intentions with this, promote exercise like a Wii Fit or something but, in practice, Nintendo underestimated the folly of mankind.

lol @ the whole "getting people fit" shtick by just walking around. I don't mind people playing it, but it does a good job of exposing the manchildren you shouldn't associate yourself with.

rileymartin said:

lol @ the whole "getting people fit" shtick by just walking around. I don't mind people playing it, but it does a good job of exposing the manchildren you shouldn't associate yourself with.

wait so are you ok with people playing it or are you deeming them "manchildren" because of it?

rileymartin said:

it does a good job of exposing the manchildren you shouldn't associate yourself with.

Finally a silver lining has been exposed.

If you like playing Pokemon Go, keep it to yourself. Given that everyone's glued to their phones these days, anyway, people won't know unless they peer over your shoulder or you shout it out loud.

Despite the love, hate, or indifference one may harbor for Jim Sterling, his latest "Jimquisition" episode has quite a few good points on this game.

TL;DW: Pokemon GO! is a rather shit game from a mechanical and technical standpoint, but it's brought people together in phenomenal ways.

Doomkid said:

If any harm comes to you as a "result" of playing Pokemon Go, you deserve it. No shit.

While I agree with you that people are responsible for their own safety while playing PoGo, it's statements like this that really bother me. Nobody deserves to be harmed for playing a game.