Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

wavy water effect

hey, i seen this effect on map 8 in hexen, is this effect possible to reproduce in zdoom? if so, hook me up with some specs... yah yah! heh...

You're talking about that one goopy room in the fog map? That's actually a bunch of individual sectors that move up and down. If you load the map in your editing program, you can see how they drew the area and check their scripts or line tags to see how they did it.

Here is what it looks like in the editor. Each of those individual vertical sections of floor is operated by a script that tells it how to move. I don't know how to write the script, but when you design the map, make sure you leave any wall textures off of these lines, that's why the liquid looks smooth when it's "waving" up and down; if you leave off the wall textures, the liquid textures kinda blend together and it doesn't look like a bunch of separate platforms rising up and down.

The command is "Floor_Waggle": http://zdoom.notgod.com/reference/act_floors.html#Floor_Waggle

but don't ask me how to do it like in Hexen's map8, I've never done such a complex Floor_Waggle.