Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom - Big Updates, New Content and PartyPlay

So about SnapMap, I'm absolutely delighted by this update and I've already seen the potential it holds with the hell modules combined with player block volumes as seen in Bloodshot's example. I hear the pistol is a fine addition to the arsenal as well. Overall SnapMap is maturing nicely and is far improved from where it was 3 months ago even. I'm interesting in how they'll go from here, though I'll echo my previous statements for more generalized module connections (entire walls can be used as connection points instead of just tiny doorways), and for a sort of specialized "sandbox module" that exists entirely as a skybox display as a sort of evolution of Bloodshot's recreation of that one Quake 3 map, in addition to techbase-themed platform and pillar props. Also revenant, why do we still not have revenant rune?

Krimson Madness said:

They actually said that those free for all modes will come in the summer and i think it will be in late august.

Oh, Glad to hear that, Can't wait to shoot without having to care about Noob Team mates :P

NodEliteX5 said:

So the static rifle isn't working properly?

For some reason, when selected for "Spawn Weapon" spawner, it changes back to the Burst Rifle. Also VEGA's sound clips are lower volume than normally, but this could be a PS4 thing. Anyone else has these glitches?

Also two other things i've discovered in the update:

• A new logic relay that can switch signal pathing. Like a fork in the road with a changable roadblock.
  • A new variable called Custom Event which i don't know how it works yet.
  • THE UNWILLING is part of Snapmap zombie roster! Now you can have those zombies from hell shambling about in the UAC! (although their thumbnail picture is in a reference pose)
  • Allied AIs can now have their POI removed.
  • SKULL KEYS. Both in Doom4 style or classic 16 bit!
Some other hiccups i've seen.
-The Unwilling in a reference pose
-Only one door option for Hell modules (which means no secret walls for hell)
-Pinkies still lack shields in front, so they're still easy to kill, like the old doom days. Was hoping there would be an option to toggle their body armor.

Potatoguy said:

• THE UNWILLING is part of Snapmap zombie roster! Now you can have those zombies from hell shambling about in the UAC! (although their thumbnail picture is in a reference pose)

• Isn't the main difference between the Unwilling and the Possessed that the former does not scream extremely loudly constantly? If so thank god, there's nothing worse than a Possessed existing somewhere in the fleeting moments before you punch it in half.

Flesh420 said:

Sure would be nice if they'd fix the fucking CTDs.

I am now sometimes getting crashes period. Not CTD's, just plain CRASHING of the whole PC :(

Doesn't happen super often, but often enough to be annoying.

Potatoguy said:

For some reason, when selected for "Spawn Weapon" spawner, it changes back to the Burst Rifle. Also VEGA's sound clips are lower volume than normally, but this could be a PS4 thing. Anyone else has these glitches?

Also two other things i've discovered in the update:

• A new logic relay that can switch signal pathing. Like a fork in the road with a changable roadblock.
    • A new variable called Custom Event which i don't know how it works yet.
    • Allied AIs can now have their POI removed.
    • SKULL KEYS. Both in Doom4 style or classic 16 bit!
    Some other hiccups i've seen.
    -The Unwilling in a reference pose
    -Only one door option for Hell modules (which means no secret walls for hell)
    -Pinkies still lack shields in front, so they're still easy to kill, like the old doom days. Was hoping there would be an option to toggle their body armor.

I'm happy that they gave back the red skull keys because that was one of the little things that I noticed that wasn't in the campaign alongside the red keycards.

hardcore_gamer said:

I am now sometimes getting crashes period. Not CTD's, just plain CRASHING of the whole PC :(

That's hardware failure dude. You need to maintain your PC.

Funny thing: IF you set your character to have no weapons, he just uses fists!

Also there's tidbits of the announcers saying items that are not in Snapmap yet. Such as Berserk, Hell Tablet, and Summoner. Maybe it'll be in the future update...?

Can someone explain to me the grid module? I don't get what it's for.

Potatoguy said:

Funny thing: IF you set your character to
    Can someone explain to me the grid module? I don't get what it's for.

You would use it to test things with thanks to its large size and minimal resource allocation, it's good for that. I used to use the observation module for testing.

More interesting however is that you can create a map within a map using props and player blocking volumes due to its large size and with that static option it's perfect for this application.
    You could literally recreate e1m1 using player blocking volumes because it's so big

You could probably build a couple E1M1s stacked on top of one another it's so big, and to add to that, its clear they specifically made it for the block volume shenanigans, considering its description. Speaking of the module descriptions, has anyone else taken a look at those things? There's tons of references to pop culture, bad puns, and even a few goes taken at the community itself ("The yellow filter adds drama!"). I'm not saying it's worth a read, but it's worth a read. My favorite name so far is "DAMNED STRAIGHT" and its brother, "DAMNED STRAIGHT INCLINE."

Potatoguy said:

Also there's tidbits of the announcers saying items that are not in Snapmap yet. Such as Berserk, Hell Tablet, and Summoner. Maybe it'll be in the future update...?

I hope they get added in eventually.

@ blue, they will. the hell tablet is in already, its an interactible object like a button, summoner isn't in yet and neither is berzerk, I assume they're on their way. I need to quit being lazy and make a real list of things to reasonably ask id. There are alot of things that wern't fixed or added that were logic based I was hoping for, but this update is a hulk smash in the right direction.

Something i just noticed, You can modify weapons order in the Weapon wheel, They will still use the same weapon slot keys however, And you can also set Separate key for weapon wheel (I set that to A) and keys for Next / prev weapon, Pretty cool .

Also there's still no respawn time for keys :/ .

I thought the Spawn Droppable has a respawn for that? Well if it doesn't you can screw with a repeater or time delay to make it respawn.

Also just discovered you can now change the Environment of modules with an input! Now you can have a room turn red as your ass gets violated by 5 Barons!

Oh, I'll keep that on my mind for next time thx .

Also seems like Weapon Wheel works fine in Multiplayer, Doesn't slow down anything except the Music .

The only major issue I have with this update is that the new Hell modules seem to take up way more memory/resources than the Base/Facility ones, which is a huge problem when trying to design large maps.

chubz said:

The only major issue I have with this update is that the new Hell modules seem to take up way more memory/resources than the Base/Facility ones, which is a huge problem when trying to design large maps.

Really? Damn

NodEliteX5 said:

Really? Damn

Yes, I Quickly filled max object just by placing about 12 modules modules (different in size of course), I Barely had space for more objects so i had to put as minimum as i could .

New discovery:

-FX Lights now have an added property of light type: Strobe, Blink, Siren, Rotating, and more!

Now you don't need to put them through repeater or time relays to have the same effect!

Everything right with new DLC. Mix of Warpath and CTF are pretty awesome, next mode feels like Demolition not bad too, but Exodus OWNS.

hardcore_gamer said:

Me too! My pc has locked up twice. First I thought maybe a heat problem magically cropped up in the last few days, but when it crashed the second time temps were cold. Both crashes happened within 10 minutes of one another for me. Think I'll try again in a month to see if anything's gotten better instead of worse. So far it's nothing but CTDs and total lock ups. This shit's ridiculous.

My buddy still hasn't been able to play Doom since release because of constant crashing two minutes after startup. Bethesda's clueless. It's probably something to do with Denuvo.

There are problems with crashes to desktop for sure, the last time I saw someone mention it some whiteknight / fanboy went to extreme lengths to try prove it was said person's PC and not doom. It was ridiculous, as if doom is any less of a great game because of its technical issues. But they are widespread reported in the community. To me it doesnt happen with other games and my PC is brand new with all the known brands for parts. It happens so very little now compared to a month or 2 ago so I think id improved it in patches. And it used to be very offbeat in timing and frequency. Still it does happen and it will happen on any level and during any set of events. I wonder if in UNM it counts as death and can ruin an entire playthrough.

I Get no crashes Except when i try to exit game while SnapMap is on, I Have to end process using Task manager if i don't want it to freeze .

Flesh420 said:

Me too! My pc has locked up twice. First I thought maybe a heat problem magically cropped up in the last few days, but when it crashed the second time temps were cold. Both crashes happened within 10 minutes of one another for me. Think I'll try again in a month to see if anything's gotten better instead of worse. So far it's nothing but CTDs and total lock ups. This shit's ridiculous.

My buddy still hasn't been able to play Doom since release because of constant crashing two minutes after startup. Bethesda's clueless. It's probably something to do with Denuvo.

Issue was fixed for me after I updated my video driver.