Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xit-vono

Official Demo Request Thread

Aqfaq: I can make UV-MAX on all episodes for Ultimate (also rerun my first attempt: Ep2 i mean) and Doom2 UV-MAX and UV-FAST if you accept my quality :D
I'll try consider time from Light_speed UV-FAST + all records from DSDA and do all my best.
Now I'm working on Summer69.

Hi! Could somebody please tyson Requiem map 27? I can kill the cyber and archie, but then I fail. Too many barons for me to punch down! The barons are the hardest part. The rest is pretty easy with careful infights. The last room can be opened from the pit, so the Spider is an easy kill.

Cyberdemon531? j4rio?

Has anyone tried a Vanguard map07 pacifist? It does strike me as one of the stupider pacifist runs in the world, which is probably why it isn't on DSDA. (Getting an exit isn't that technically demanding; getting lucky that the cyber is still around at the end might pose the entire challenge.)

Here's a demonstration run in four-something, my first attempt/exit: I wasn't really concentrating and it was completely unplanned, so I fall asleep and tank damage occasionally, lol.

Anyway, just putting the idea out there. Don't upload to DSDA please, if that even happens in this thread.

vg07pacwhatever.zip

Could somebody make a tyson TAS of Plutonia map 32, please? We need to see what it would look like!

It would look like this:

- go to the left, move up to arach blocking way up to YK and wait until it dies from infights with mancs
- activate YK, make everything infight, including 6 mancs deaf at the end of the passage on the other side
- mancs from the start will clog up way out so wait until they die to infights
- RK is obtained exactly as in pacifist demo, except it's unnecessary to take at this point and only activating linedef behind door is enough to reveal BK hordes
- go to hiding spot from there (sector 52) and make stuff outside infight again
- if enough stuff is dead, go outside and keep making more stuff infight
- at this point there are more possibilities of progressing, you can release PEs to infight with cybers by activating line 157, but this can be done at any point from now on
- you can also punch out or make cybers take out demons clogging that room with 2 chainers and 2 viles on pedestals
- pick BK, this opens up 4 viles near start that will shortly follow you outside, they are unreliable for infighting so I'd try to make them die as soon as possible from rockets
- much more importantly, BK also opens up a load of chainers, revs and 2 viles that will get grouped in sector 13 from which chainers can keep infighting while getting ressurected (it's necessary to never open entrance to that room from the outside, otherwise monsters will keep coming through there!)
- those chainers are the source of ammo for every cyber in the map and few unreachable monsters, that is 4 chainers (if they don't infight between each other), 2 viles behind them and optionally 6 mancs stuck between stairs and blocking line not far from start, but in worst case they are punchable (in other words, we need to get over 3000 bullet ammo if infights outside are satisfactory)
- there are 2 ways to make chainers infight - first way is from the outside, while getting targeted by cybers there constantly, the second is from the previously mentioned hiding spot, both have their pros and cons, in both cases at some point player has to move at certain specific spot in the passage outside, this will make some monster open up door to fake entryway exit with 3 viles that will join the rest of monsters then
- trying to make chainers infight through the window has obvious cons that you are targeted by cybers and chainers infight relatively slowly, but the huge advantage is that viles remain less harmed, sometimes however a chainer can hit a distant cyber which is the least desired thing that can happen
- making chainers infight through the hiding spot has the benefit that you are more or less safe from all damage, chainers infight rapidly fast, but the problem is that viles die way too prematurely, despite that there are 5 freely walking and one that is immobile but still able to ressurect anything close enough
- collect ammo, use pistol on everything, repeat until nothing is alive

This would probably be easy to TAS, but a non-TAS isn't all that impossible. Obtaining RK (totally luckbased) and ammo shortage are the main problems. In practise, all viles were dead way too soon, with at most 1500 ammo at disposal. That room has to be completely flooded with chainguns. There are also huge health reserves, but those are still very relative, considering health can also very quickly drop down.

What a insane request... There is no berserk pack even! No one (even me) will gonna suffer for this. Also it will take over hour and more as fighting with several cyberdemons only with pistol sounds crazy.

Is E2M2 UV Speed in 0:12 possible? I tried Looper's NoMo route and got only 13.43. Also have an old demo with Akse's D2EP2 route and got 13.51.

I'd like to request a Scythe 2 MAP18 Tyson. I had a look at it and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard for someone who is good at this sort of thing.

Wow, Rush map 12 looks truly fantastic (the music is also very nice)...! Looking forward to Ancalagon's map12 max! ;)

I'd like to watch some FDAs for Sunlust maps (especially the third episode) Does anyone is tough enough to record such things?

Well, I haven't played it yet...but maybe someone have recorded such demos when it was released, I'm just asking.

I know the OP says this isn't a place to whore your own wads around, but when I designed TheDevilzWork I made sure to include some little sneaky bonuses and such to make it easier to get to the end more quickly than if you just approach it normally. I'm not here to pimp my wad as such, it's more that I'd really enjoy watching some of the top skill speedrunners give it a try if any of you feel inclined. The wad is 100% vanilla so make sure to use complevel 2. I'm so curious to see if this will frustrate speedrunners or if they'll find it a breeze!

rdwpa said:

DotW has some starting here: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1469003

I think I got quite a bit better just from watching these attentively. :D

yah a lot of these demos are scary good, but that's almost expected at this point. (I wonder if the bar has been raised too high that dotw would neglect to even post an off-day demo with some silly deaths :p)

Touchdown said:

Always wanted to see a UVmax demo of MAP07: Do You Believe? from Stardate 20x7.

Hmmm, I think demonologist might've sent me a max demo on an earlier version of the map (which was more or less the same as the version I released in january, but a bit different now from the version sitting on my harddrive), I'll see if I have it laying around.

i have been watching DoTW's FDAs every day with my dinner - theyre thoroughly entertaining. helps when the WAD is so good of course ;)

I'd like to see Entryway in 4, with monsters or without. The best time now (non-TAS) is 5.14, with TAS it's 4.37.