Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Looking great, Jazzmaster9. I think it could look even better with a custom font and numbers. Something runelike, perhaps?

jazzmaster9 said:

A screenshot of Innocence Zero (working title)

Looks pretty badass. Hope there's a playable beta somewhere.

Olroda said:

Looking great, Jazzmaster9. I think it could look even better with a custom font and numbers. Something runelike, perhaps?

I would love to change the font, but I don't know how to go about doing that. :/

jazzmaster9 said:

I would love to change the font, but I don't know how to go about doing that. :/

I'm in the same boat. Just learning this shit piecemeal.

Another old-ish shot from my second map. I am still thinking about a name. For now "Regni Damnatis" will do. I have to say, it's going a lot smoother than my first map. I still have a lot to learn though.

I am considering making it even darker to make the structure completely black. Bright red and pitch black are my favorite color combinations..

Last screenshot reminds me a bit of the final room in Sunder map 7 "hollow icon"

Deadwing said:

My level is close to being the final version.

Paper:

http://i.imgur.com/AczgFvs.png

Base layout last month:

http://i.imgur.com/j8DUmtM.png

Close to final (already with monster, items and decoration):

http://i.imgur.com/9M2piLV.png

Well, I am kinda working with all the 6 levels of the episode at the same time. It takes a lot of time to have a level finished, but in the other hand it makes easier to create multiple levels without having to repeat the process (plan -> build basic geometry -> make it finishable -> add main weapons and items -> place enemies, ammo, health -> decorate)

Cool process. Whenever I've tried drawing on paper first, translating it to a scale that makes sense in-game while retaining the pretty structure was always quite a challenge.

As a professional slaughtermapper, I've been working on my magnum opus.

Can you handle 53 Cyberdemons?!

Highly intricate, non-linear map layout.

Rayzik said:

But does it run with Brutal Doom?

Thoroughly tested with Brutal Doom, although the outdoor area struggles to maintain a consistent 1 FPS.

rileymartin said:

As a professional slaughtermapper, I've been working on my magnum opus.

Highly intricate, non-linear map layout.

:D And with a really cool skyscraper off to the side! But never underestimate the power of a big box. IMO, Heat Miser, in Mayhem 2048, is the best map I've released, and it's just a divided 2048x2048 box. But it's that big Caco storm coming through the windows that makes it, plus there's some -- dare I say it? -- well-executed mechanicals. It can be a bit rough on Boom players thanks to infinite height, but Demon of the Well actually FDAed the map on PRBoom, and a guy on YouTube UV-Maxed it in 5 minutes, though he found an exploit that allowed him to camp the start. It was still thrilling to watch.

Moral of the story -- you can do a lot with a box!

rdwpa said:

Cool process. Whenever I've tried drawing on paper first, translating it to a scale that makes sense in-game while retaining the pretty structure was always quite a challenge.

Haha yeah, I agree! It also sucks when you translate it to doom builder and you see it doesn't look what you wanted or the geometry doesn't fit >.<

Honestly, after some time I was literally making Doom maps on paper like I was doing on the main thing, worring about monster placement and proportion, which was a problem, because the proccess was taking way too much time and was tiring, almost like a making the same thing two times, so I decided to not worry much about the details and I just draw a concept and main keyplaces that feels it's going to work. So I guess it's fine to change things from the paper to the real things D:

Ooh, the red carpet and pulled-back curtains are quite charming. It's like the night after some demon runway party, when everyone's already cleaned up and left.

hey, guys? is it normal to hate what you make?
(btw i'm working on this, it's gonna be a helluva lot better than my first map)

roadworx said:

hey, guys? is it normal to hate what you make?

It's probably not the best attitude. If you don't find the maps you make fun to play then other people probably won't either.

Here are some updates on my 3-map wad.

Spoiler

Map 01

Map 02

Map 03

All them lights be spinnin' too!