Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Working hard to upgrade/add to my Nova III map. These areas have been added since the first alpha release. I have spent so many hours on this now... i really hope it'll be worth it.

rileymartin said:

It's probably not the best attitude. If you don't find the maps you make fun to play then other people probably won't either.

it's not that, i just hate how they look.

@bemused: I suggest replacing some of those Hell Knights with Revenants for that winning slaughter combination. Also, it seems like that floor would be super bumpy and awkward to dodge on.

I don't know, it looks like something straight out of Sunder, and I never had any problem dodging things in that. The trick is not having lots of height variation in both directions, if it's just in one direction it's easy to handle.

yeah that screen is from ancalagons fda, where he casually strolled through without dying once.. Rev spam has since been added due to the cows being a bit grindy to clear.. and the awkward slippery dodging is fully intentional.. else it would be just be yet another room with lots of monsters :)

Kind of a weird idea I had, but I started making some maps in 2 hours based on previous Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions themes. Just to improve mapping, really. Anyway, pretty satisfied with this one even though it's a bit short, but it's alright.

Also I've been making a map for my friend's megawad idea and a megawad of my own. 3 maps down in that one. So I'm not dry in things to work on. :)

bioshockfan90 said:

http://imgur.com/a/W1cLG

Kind of a weird idea I had, but I started making some maps in 2 hours based on previous Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions themes. Just to improve mapping, really. Anyway, pretty satisfied with this one even though it's a bit short, but it's alright.

Also I've been making a map for my friend's megawad idea and a megawad of my own. 3 maps down in that one. So I'm not dry in things to work on. :)

You used an url tag instead of img there, so your picture isn't showing up.

Something directly from me. First map in nearly 15 years. This is what comes up when grandpa fires a DooM editor :)

1. Flooded courtyard with trees and curves.

2. Abandoned, semi-toxic, dystopian military base with crates and curves.

3. Demonic, haunted chapel with red carpet and curves.

Solarn said:

You used an url tag instead of img there, so your picture isn't showing up.

The actual reason why his picture isn't showing up is that it's not a direct link to an image file, but a link to an imgur page that previews the image or album. This is the direct link to the image file.

Spoiler

EDIT: @mgr_inz_rafal: Looks pretty nice and stylish!

rileymartin said:

Here are some updates on my 3-map wad.

All them lights be spinnin' too!

I like those psychedelic colors! Lookin' good.

roadworx said:

hey, guys? is it normal to hate what you make?

It's a good sign that you feel that way; it means your standards for your own work are improving. Utilize that feeling and continue to improve!

something I made a long time ago, and currently want to finish it. They're a bit big and dark, but oh well. That can be fixed later!

Spoiler

So yeah, scary, spooky mansion thing. I have alot of ideas for it, but...
My current problem is my dumb ole teenage self bloated the file size with terrible textures and currently removing them isn't working well. I'll need to make a brand new resource thing.
P.S, would asking for help compiling resources be allowed on the wads and mods forum? Seems unfitting somehow.

scifista42 said:

The actual reason why his picture isn't showing up is that it's not a direct link to an image file, but a link to an imgur page that previews the image or album. This is the direct link to the image file.

EDIT: @mgr_inz_rafal: Looks pretty nice and stylish!

My bad. Will keep in mind for next time.

I had a vision and this is how I implemented it:

Yet no idea how I'm going to continue this.

Jaska said:

Show us the rest of the castle. You've got the main hall so far. Maybe do the dining room next?

Deadwing said:

My level is close to being the final version.

Paper:

http://i.imgur.com/AczgFvs.png

Base layout last month:

http://i.imgur.com/j8DUmtM.png

Close to final (already with monster, items and decoration):

http://i.imgur.com/9M2piLV.png

Well, I am kinda working with all the 6 levels of the episode at the same time. It takes a lot of time to have a level finished, but in the other hand it makes easier to create multiple levels without having to repeat the process (plan -> build basic geometry -> make it finishable -> add main weapons and items -> place enemies, ammo, health -> decorate)

Well, the maps's released, it's the level 21 from this mapset: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/74912-reclipse-episode-v-released-only-4-levels-remaining/

Some actual pics:

Jaska said:

Show us the rest of the castle. You've got the main hall so far. Maybe do the dining room next?

I can't seem to keep away from modding this game lately. Back in the day, I made a wonky first person shooter of Splatterhouse in Game Maker, using Splatterhouse assets to make it look as authentic as possible. Here's the first level:

And here's the remake in the Doom engine, courtesy of DoomBuilder2 and Decorate:

I got two levels so far, and after all the playtesting I found it difficult to go to sleep, so maybe I'm doing something right...?

Impie said:

I can't seem to keep away from modding this game lately. Back in the day, I made a wonky first person shooter of Splatterhouse in Game Maker, using Splatterhouse assets to make it look as authentic as possible. Here's the first level:

And here's the remake in the Doom engine, courtesy of DoomBuilder2 and Decorate:

I got two levels so far, and after all the playtesting I found it difficult to go to sleep, so maybe I'm doing something right...?

Looking damn good! It's always nice to something tangibly different to the 'normal' Doom style gameplay. I'll be very interested to play it when you finish it.

In other news, I just had a friend play through my 80% complete map I'm working on. I thought it'd take him about half an hour to finish. Instead it took him 3. I think I might have made something bigger than I realized!

Jeez, I'm loving everything in here, so if you see this post feel congratulated.

Not a fan of Jaska's "carpet" texture choice, though.

I've been doing something weird (as always) for Texture Extravaganza and made this area that I nicknamed "Slimetrail Hell."