Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Ventris

[Commercial GLOOME] Xenomia (Now with Single Player!)

As of today we are officially announcing Xenomia, a commercial multiplayer game based on a (more and more modified) GLOOME engine. Our website with plenty of info is here, and you can also catch us on Facebook and on Twitter @XenomiaGame.

Xenomia is a Real-time Strategy game that puts YOU on the battlefield, gifting you with the ability to fling killer fighting mushrooms at your friends until your eyes bleed. Now you can finally slay the very avatar of that internet person who's been spamming abusive chats at you for the past twenty minutes!
Spoiler

By the original developer of ZDoom Wars (me), in concert with my brother (Leonan) and my wife (Rosirine). Xenomia is the first game from Tiny Tuttle Studios and is scheduled for release sometime before Star Trek happens in real life.
Spoiler

Features of the pre-alpha (linked on the site) include the majority of Tier 1 and 2 (out of a final 5) content for the first Faction. The pre-alpha launcher provides a global chat lobby through which you can set up games, and set your in-game name and team easily. Teams and colors are synonymous, so a team game is just setting multiple people to different colors (2 green vs 2 red or what not).

So to Xenomia.com, register an account, download the Pre-Alpha and check it out!

Tango said:

Looks super cool :)

Glad you think so! We've got a huge amount drawn out and planned for Xenomia and definitely are going to see it through to fruition. Feedback appreciated, though this is a very early stage.

The art-style looks pretty neat, though judging from the screenshots I have no clue how this game will play out. :P

It's interesting that you still use GLOOME, by the way. I had figured that every ZDoom indie developer jumped ship to GZDoom-GPL.

Agentbromsnor said:

The art-style looks pretty neat, though judging from the screenshots I have no clue how this game will play out. :P

It's interesting that you still use GLOOME, by the way. I had figured that every ZDoom indie developer jumped ship to GZDoom-GPL.

Well we figured the older OpenGL version wold provide for wide compatibility and we'll be doing shloads of engine changes and updates anywho as we go so Gloome was a nice starting point for us.

Agentbromsnor said:

Nice! So considering that the engine is GPL, this means you'll be releasing the source-code once your game is done?

Yep! Of course we will :) And as well the more generally-useful additions we make will likely be submitted for addition to ZDoom/GZDoom as time goes on, for things like children taking on a player's translations and projectiles taking on their Master's translations and such.

^

Captain Ventris said:

Xenomia is the first game from Tiny Tuttle Studios and is scheduled for release sometime before Star Trek happens in real life.

So to Xenomia.com, register an account, download the Pre-Alpha and check it out!

Excellent work brother captain!

I'm rather excited about the prospect of indie doom engine games and as long as there not stupid money will probably support most of them.

Liberation said:

Excellent work brother captain!

I'm rather excited about the prospect of indie doom engine games and as long as there not stupid money will probably support most of them.

Yeah it's more than possible to make a grande ole' pixely time commercially viable in the current Indie-favoring gaming market!

I feel the same myself, I might venture down the same route myself at some point.

I wish you all the best on your project. Hope to see your game on steam one day :-)

Liberation said:

I feel the same myself, I might venture down the same route myself at some point.

I wish you all the best on your project. Hope to see your game on steam one day :-)

That's certainly the goal! As well as other distribution platforms, of course.

I had no idea that Gloome had enough multiplayer features and reliability to be able to make a multiplayer-focused game (will it use a new client-server structure similar to Zandronum or will remain with GZDoom's P2P model?), or that an actual RTS game was possible (I remember when Voltlok tried to make a C&C mod years ago but he gave up due engine limitations). I'm looking forward to this.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I had no idea that Gloome had enough multiplayer features and reliability to be able to make a multiplayer-focused game (will it use a new client-server structure similar to Zandronum or will remain with GZDoom's P2P model?), or that an actual RTS game was possible (I remember when Voltlok tried to make a C&C mod years ago but he gave up due engine limitations). I'm looking forward to this.

Well it doesn't - not yet! The unique netcode needs of the game require a custom client-server architecture in the long run. As far as gameplay it's not an RTS in the traditional sense, really. It's a hybrid building greatly off the base concepts in my old Skulltag mod ZDoom Wars. First person, fighting via monster-spawning instead of direct combat, etc.

Tiny Tuttle is proud to announce that starting this Sunday and repeating every following week (unless otherwise noted), we are holding weekly testing sessions from 4-8PM CST! At least one of the Devs will be on, so it'll be a great time to play, chat and give feedback.

Again that's this and all following Sunday's, from 4PM-8pm CST. Make sure you've registered your profile, and see you in game!

Huge thanks to everyone who came out to help test and play! Your input is invaluable and we're already working on addressing the issues presented and to keep making Xenomia the best game it can be.

We hope to see all of you and more next week! Please share your screenshots, share our social media pages, and spread the word!

We do and will always need the support of our players to continue making Xenomia a reality, and we can hardly wait to show you what we have planned for the future. We know you'll love it as much as we do.

Tiny Tuttle Studios is proud to announce that we are going to have a booth in the Electronic Gaming room at the San Japan convention in San Antonio, Texas! We'll be demoing Xenomia and getting out the Good Word (about the glory of the Agarchaean Oligarchy, of course). Expect plenty of live-tweeting and pictures!

If you're in San Antonio and will be attending San Japan, or know anyone who is, be sure to send 'em our way!

Whew! It's sure been a crazy day! Tiny Tuttle Studios is set up here at San Japan, presenting the game to the public in person for the first time! Impressions have been good, people have enjoyed it a lot, and we're really proud of our hard work. Due to the odd internet arrangement we've got going on here, we're going to try and release the latest build of the game, but are isolated here and so will not necessarily be able to show up at the regular testing session. If anything solid pops up I'll let everyone know here!

Pre-Alpha 6 of Xenomia is available for download off the site now! The changelog for it is here.

In other news we now also have started an Instagram under the username XenomiaGame.

Agentbromsnor said:

I wish this game was single-player so I could properly test it. As it is, I have very little of these mythical beings called "friends".

Well we run a weekly testing event when the devs are online to play with. At the moment we're polling in Facebook to see a suitable time, because our Sunday afternoon time slot hasn't seen much activity.

Agentbromsnor said:

I wouldn't mind helping fellow indie-developers out. It has to be during reasonable European times though!

Hopefully that's how the poll will go! Regardless we also have a match-making thread on our forums, which due to the youth of Xenomia, are quiet at the moment.

Pre-Alpha 0.0.7 is out and available on the site! The big feature is the addition of Defense Orders, which tell units around you to stay and guard your location, so you can task them to capture points, hold passes, etc.

Edit: The changelog is available for viewing on the official Xenomia forum!

Pre Alpha 0.0.8 is out and available to download from Xenomia.com ! Major changes include a progress bar on your HUD for capture points, and indicators for when a unit can be unlocked and/or upgraded.

Have had an insane couple weeks, but Xenomia is now at pre-alpha version 0.0.11! Changelog is at the top of the page at forums.xenomia.com !