Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Battle: Doomguy VS Doom Slayer

AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Yeah, you are right in many ways. But the original Doomguy's speed is no match to Doom Slayer's Praetor abilities.

Are Runes allowed? Because then the Doomslayer could use the upgraded Revive Rune that lets him survive a deathblow twice, gives him the advantage of having to lose to Doomguy three times.

What about throwing in Doom 3/RoE Doomguy too, at this point? OK, he's slow, but with the Soulcube's and The Artifact's powers, he would be a force to reckon.

You know. All the Doomguys have at least something that can even out all their disadvantages.

Picking a winner would be hard, unless they actually pit themselves in a match.

At long range from an elevated position, The Doom Slayer wins, especially when armed with the Gauss Cannon.

At all other ranges, Doom Guy runs circles around his successor, though he should be careful of straying within melee range of a berserked Slayer.

However, in the traditional of all superhero cross-overs, they join forces after discovering they have been duped into fighting by an Evil Mastermind, and proceed to kill all the demons, again.

If anything, the "new" Doomguys all have access to some deliberately overpowered gimmick, but to be fair, they are also pitted against enemies who are (at least in Doom 3) much harder to individually deal with than the dumb hordes in Doom and Doom II.

OTOH, the "classic" doomguy just had his unmatched speed, maneuverability, and predictability of weapons' and monsters' behavior on his side.

But in the end it all depended on the map design: large, open spaces with plently of room for circlestrafing, chances for infighting and BFG spamming are pretty much the definition of mindless "slaughtermaps". Small, cramped maps with ammo and health starvation, ambushes etc. OTOH neuter these advantages... same game, completely different feeling.

In comparison, the Doom 3 Doomguy is pretty much constant in his combat abilities. He can't really take particular advantage of any terrain or situation and can hardly outrun even the slowest of monsters. The RoE Doomguy can become temporarily abusively invincible, but for the rest he's more of the same.

Can't really speak for the Doom Slayer guy, as I haven't played the game myself yet.

One this that the Doom 3 Guy has going for him is the fact that he has 3 melee weapons! The fists, chainsaw and his shotgun.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot about the flashlight.

I think it all depends on arena configuration and combat scenario.

1. Doomslayer definitely wins sniper duels, because Gauss Cannon in siege mode can one-shot anything and doesn't require super-accurate aiming when fully upgraded. Doom-3-guy is the loser: he doesn't even have a weapon suitable for long-range combat.

2. Doomguy wins in labyrith-type arenas or pretty much any ambush scenario. Reason: he has insane speed combined with perfectly silent footsteps. He can just jump out behind you, SSG you in the back, and get back into cover unseen before you have a time to react, provided you somehow survive the SSG blast. And if he gets a chance to mask a BFG shot sound you definitely won't get any chances. Doomslayer's rune might save him twice, but he'll be helpless if he can't see the Doomguy, because there's no way he can hear him coming. Doomguy, on the other hand, can hear both Doomslayer and Doom-3-guy coming because they both stomp like elephants.

3. On a small or medium-sized open arena, Doom-3-guy is a winner, because Artifact. With three charges giving him speed to outrun even the original Doomguy, berserk and invulnerability - all at the same time - he can easily counter every weapon and even Doomslayer's saving throw rune. If he fails to use the artifact though, I don't think he has much of a chance against the other two - he has the worst guns in his arsenal, and I'm pretty sure Doomguy could outrun the Soul Cube.

MetroidJunkie said:

Que them both spamming Invulnerability Spheres and BFGing each other in the face, stalemate.

Agreed, I think the use of runes might make it a bit of a stalemate. I'd say just give them each their full arsenal and full health, no powerups or runes. They tend to skew the result, for example Mario would cream them both if he just had a star because it not only makes him invincible but actually kills others on contact. It makes more sense to judge them on their base level.

(Also its cue not que, que is "what" in Spanish)

All Doomslayer needs to do is jump on Doomguy's head, and Doomguy is finished. Not even his autoaim could handle that.

well with full arsinal we would just have to figure out the max fatal rang of doom guys and marines bfg, and what range space marine can activate the soulcube, then we could find out who would instantly win? But I guess with either of the bfg's would fire then land being a projectile resulting in a stalemate. Then there is doom slayer with the gauss rifle, which is an instant gib, especially if we went with the damage scale for campaign. If I remember correctly the soul cube has a wind up, so when it comes to aka power weapons I see space marine would stalemate unless one shot by doom slayer. I think power weapons are the problem when looking at this because if we equate them in doom slayer wins hands down.

Truly, No Rest For The Living when they are Knee Deep In The Dead.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

I think Doom could beat Doom, on account that Doom is clearly more powerful than Doom. So Doom doesn't stand a chance.

How many Dooms would a Doomguy Doom if a Doomguy could Doom Doom?

Doomkid said:

How many Dooms would a Doomguy Doom if a Doomguy could Doom Doom?

A Doomguy would Doom as much Doom as a Doomguy could Doom if a Doomguy could Doom Doom.

Maes said:

Truly, No Rest For The Living when they are Knee Deep In The Dead.

It's a real Hell on Earth when they're tossed into the Inferno and Thy Flesh is Consumed.

And after everything is over, they'll just retire to their Monster Condo in the Suburbs and have some Human BBQ while shooting their Barrels O'Fun.