Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freudian Slipgate II - Flooding Hatred (13 Maps Beta)

You wake up from a strange Doom dream but then you realise, the house is flooded, the outdoors are also flooded, quickly you grab your trusty shotgun and try to discover one of the weirder end of the world scenarios.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14kigs9z2utji74/FHatred.wad?dl=1

^ MAIN WAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wxkr4p2exzbnva/FHateTex.wad?dl=1

^ TEXTURES

---

Map list:

Episode 1: Path of the Ancients (Wood/Cave/Mountain/Fortress)

Map01: Blue Dreams - Alter - Done
Map02: Fort Flood - Alter - Done
Map03: Ancient Ethics - Alter - To Be Started
Map04: Lonely Sands - Alter - To Be Started
Map05: Polarity - Alter - DONE
Map06: Trials of the Ancients - Alter - Done
Map07: Sacred Land of the Ancients - Alter - To Be Started
Map08: Forgotten Cave - Alter - To Be Started
Map09: Ever Shrine Part 1 - Alter - Done
Map10: Ever Shrine Part 2 - Alter - Done

Episode 2: Fallen Civilization (City/Industrial, part Aquatex in design)

Map11: Iron Sea - Alter - Done
Map12: Meat Fusion - Alter - Done
Map13: Aquacity - Alter - Done
Map14: Nukerig - Alter - Done
Map15: Steel Ghosts of the Past - Done
Map16: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map17: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map18: Boat City - Alter - To Be Started
Map19: Departing from Reality - Alter - To Be Started

Episode 3: Mankind's Legacy (CYBERSPACE)

Map20: Null Melancholy - Alter - To Be Started
Map21: Blue Hell - GRB/Alter - Done
Map22: Binary Gospel - Alter - To Be Started
Map23: Zrzut Ekranu - Alter - To be Started
Map24: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map25: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map26: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map27: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map28: ? - Alter - To Be Started
Map29: Essence of Hatred - Alter - TO BE Started
Map30: The Hate Machine - Alter - To be started

Secret Maps

Map31: Darknet - Alter/GRB - Done
Map32: ? - Alter - To Be Started

TO BE DONE IN THE FUTURE:
- Add more suitable sprite replacements
- Do minor dehacked alterations to existing enemies
- Replace Baron/Nazi/Icon of Sin with new monsters?
- More (SMALLER!) maps.

Early Shots:

Shot album: http://imgur.com/a/XPDJi

Additional Credits to : Jimmy - He inspired the wad and all the maps use
his music exclusively!
Pinchy - He organised all the textures I needed.
Early Closed Testing team:
- Gobolt
- Spadger
- Jaws in Space
- Cage
- Eris Falling
- Altazimuth
- Jimmy (Early on)
- Marcaek
- rf`
- Doomkid
Textures taken from:
- Ogro
- Stomper (RIP)
- NmnCorp
- 32in24-15
- Aquatex
- GothicTX
- Gray Texture Pack
- Mortiser
- Too much Brown
- Wally
- Graph
- Veilisis
- Fort
- Mayan Textures
- Pinchy
- CC4
- Psytex
- Psyren
- Jimmy
- All the wads the skies came from

Hope you've practiced ammo balance since the last few maps you made for FreudSL1, that was the only thing that bothered me back then. Maps were too easy and had way too much ammo.
Looks good from screenshots and the maps in Freud 1 were great so I'll give this a whirl when it's done. :)

Third map completed (2 to go till first quality control checkpoint AKA closed beta test 1), enjoy a little visual peek at it :>

"The only crew member of the ship, captain, has met the eye of the storm all alone, in search of what J. Paddock wrote down in his journal, completely shipwrecked having lost all the supplies, using his puny pistol he has ventured onto the island, he may find what Paddock tried to find, the Evershrine"

With Evershrine fully complete, I am seeking testers (preferrably those who would like to stream their attempts) who will test the first 5 completed maps.

There was Green Hell and it certainly ruined Zdaemon's TNS, this time, it's Blue Hell, you are definitely not ready for this. (note: we are at 6 maps now)

With Beta 1 out of the way, it's time to start making the second wave of maps, now if you aren't feeling salty enough, this River of Fiery Puns might trigger you.

Hi I updated the main post so you can catch up what has been up, now, have more screenshots from the new more recent complete maps:

Map01:

Map12:

Map15:

Looks very cool! Looking forward to the release and good luck! Is this going to be in the same style as the first one?

Firedust said:

Looks very cool! Looking forward to the release and good luck! Is this going to be in the same style as the first one?

Yeah it's still gonna be a collecion of loosely connected maps, the major difference is, i'm trying to have more theme consistency by having 3 different but clearly defined episodes.

Also here's the thing, all the maps in this wad even map21 are based off Jimmy's midis, the development process is, I pick a Jimmy midi, I loop it for hours while designing the map for the duration of the map making until the map is done. Repeat that for all 32 maps, keep in mind I don't always have time to work on this because of game development and college but when I do, I am on it, 100%. So yeah, not a gameplay, not a visual gimmick, a musical gimmick!

Looks like this is going to be an interesting megawad. But are you using a custom palette for having those light blue gradients?

gaspe said:

Looks like this is going to be an interesting megawad. But are you using a custom palette for having those light blue gradients?

I actually took that pallete out later in the development because it simply didn't fit in in my eyes. Here's the same area without that palette, from a different angle (map05):

NOTE: i'm aware of the misalignments

I thought this was a sequel to Project Slipgate wich got me hyped. But it doesn't seem like it.

Your very first pic, the stairway architecture, needs a lot more height and structure on the ceiling part of it. It looks too flat.

Sounds like you're taking a lot on for filling out the rest of the maps on a previously community megawad by yourself alterworldruler. I wish you the best of luck, and be sure to take your time in getting this out to ensure good quality!

September 17 Update:

I put up a 13 map beta because i'm completely burned out right now so might as well gather feedback. Refer to the maplist for done maps OR use zdoom to play whose mapinfo already should take you to finished maps starting from map01.

Or have map numbers: 01,02,05,06,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,21,31

So use zdoom or preferrably what I always use to test, prboom-plus -cl 9

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14kigs9z2utji74/FHatred.wad?dl=1

^ MAIN WAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wxkr4p2exzbnva/FHateTex.wad?dl=1

^ TEXTURES

On Map02, are you using player starts 2-4 as voodoo dolls? That doesn't seem to work, at least in prboom-plus. They just don't spawn in single player, and so the starting floor doesn't rise. Also at the spawn there are two player starts 1.

Memfis said:

On Map02, are you using player starts 2-4 as voodoo dolls? That doesn't seem to work, at least in prboom-plus. They just don't spawn in single player, and so the starting floor doesn't rise. Also at the spawn there are two player starts 1.

Yeah that's been fixed and re-uploaded, I could'nt respond because well, I was losered obviously. Hopefully more feedback (IF any at all) will come.

I suppose people have no interest about feedbacking this, well, just don't complain if it's very very buggy at release. In meantime, General Rainbow Bacon came back to make one more map for this because it's unlikely that he'll make more.

I've put this on the ole play list; just been behind getting other things done. I liked the first Freudian Slipgate and have been looking forward to this.

Well Jimmy (Twitch.tv/jimmybtsx) has streamed the first couple of maps and here's what changed (and has been updated)

- Added a single shotgun on Map01.
- Fixed a broken return tele on Map01.
- Removed one fortress in map05, now there's only one and you can use either the blue or red key to open it.
- Made the entrance switch to Temple A on Map06 more visible.
- Removed a blockade on a bridge in Temple A on Map06
- Toned down a certain door on Map11.
- Made the "crusher" more obvious on Map11.

EDIT: Updated Title/interpic by Jimmy has been added :)