Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Thanks for the feedback!

Great screenshots here lately!

Now I'm working on a mansion type level.

The cellar, 1st and 2nd floors and rooftop are all accessible. I used boom's silent teleportes to get the feeling of continuity between storeys.

Looks awesome SuperCupcake! I would love to know more about that pic.
Also cool stuff Jaska, you're apparently finnish, too :)

ScrewJack said:

Looks awesome SuperCupcake! I would love to know more about that pic.
Also cool stuff Jaska, you're apparently finnish, too :)

Thanks ScrewJack! Todella hienoja kuvankaappauksia sinullakin :)

New outdoor/underground path and some minor detailing on my 16-year old (and counting DM) map

Spoiler

The continued expansion of my Bloody Rust 2 map.

Previous Days 1-4

Spoiler

2 Hours

6 hours

8 hours

New Days 5-12

11 hours

14 hours

20 hours

Cupcake and Jaska's stuff is looking incredible bah gawd! DooM_RO is coming along nicely too, looking forward to all this good stuff folks

DooM_RO said:

Small room I quickly made for my vanilla Doom 2 map. Might still make a few improvements.

Looks good, but I would definitely switch to Chocolate doom or another vanilla based source port if you're mapping within the limits; too many limitations can be easily forgotten. If it's limit removing, then sure, carry on in GZDoom. :)

Dragonfly said:

Looks good, but I would definitely switch to Chocolate doom or another vanilla based source port if you're mapping within the limits; too many limitations can be easily forgotten. If it's limit removing, then sure, carry on in GZDoom. :)

The limitations are linedef and section functions and resources. I'm not going too crazy with the detailing but the map is going to be quite detailed (or so I think) and really big (sighs). I just can't help myself to put in every idea I have.

Like Retribution: Part I, the lowest compatibility is PrBoom+

Some 3D Bridges I've been playing around with in my (now ready for beta testing) vanilla Doom 2 map. All I need now is a decent name!

Believe it or not, this room is inspired by the similar chasm type areas in the Lower Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne.

Bauul said:

Some 3D Bridges I've been playing around with in my (now ready for beta testing) vanilla Doom 2 map. All I need now is a decent name!

http://i.imgur.com/CypEYud.jpg

Believe it or not, this room is inspired by the similar chasm type areas in the Lower Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne.

Wait a second, you can make 3D bridges in vanilla?!

DooM_RO said:

Wait a second, you can make 3D bridges in vanilla?!

In this case, not really. They're basically invisible walls you run along the top of (making use of the self-referencing sector trick) with some well positioned middle textures around and inside them. So you can't run underneath them (that's fine in this case, as falling off means death anyway).

However, you can make properly functioning ones by setting up linedef tripwires around the bridge to lower/raise the invisible floor (but not the floating middle textures) depending on the direction you approach it. You can use a control sector with the floor above the ceiling to make it happen instantly too. That's not implemented here though (it seems like way too much work!)

Edit: Or just wait for Scifista to post the relevant tutorial link. :)

I've made huuuge progress on my map in the last couple of days. I made some really cool stuff but I want it to be a surprise. In the mean time, I'll show you a room I made today. I wish I had a better angle. The lighting effects from the candles are from Smooth Doom.

Working on some new textures for the ever-delayed BTSX E3. Screenshot is just a quick test applying the textures in a room from Shadow Port to see how they're working out ingame.

Quick screengrab from a low quality map (All my maps are low quality, as a beginner) I've been working on. Going for a sort of abstract hell theme, hopefully with a feel similar to The Living End from Doom 2 - Just with forced boss battles at the end.

im enjoying making small maps right now

I tried to make a super mega epic for the DWMP and totally lost steam