Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Clown sightings

MrGlide said:

Appherently you don't live in an area where crime is rampant. Masks in general for people over 16 are outlawed in alot of areas because of robberies. In my town alot of gas stations won't let you in if you dressed up on halloween night. Between chicago and all the way to detroit there is alot of crime and gang association so letting people just run around in masks isn't the best idea.

Apparently. I suppose it makes sense, given the reasons. I still think it's a bit heavy handed, but it makes sense.

I'm just glad, these aren't doll sightings. Otherwise I'll start hyperventilating.

Captain Red said:

I have mass clown sightings whenever I log on to doomworld.com

HURR DERR

hahaha. Welcome to the internet.

nxGangrel said:

I'm just glad, these aren't doll sightings. Otherwise I'll start hyperventilating.

hahaha. Welcome to the internet.

You mean like wild Chuckys running around?

CARRiON said:

You mean like wild Chuckys running around?

More like A bunch of Fats from Magic (1978), or the dolls from... Dolls (1987)

I am currently living in the state these stories originated from, and I can confirm these incidents are real. I and many of my apartment neighbors saw one of these freaks one week ago. He was standing in the cul-de-sac entrance to a densely wooded area at the end of our complex's street in a bright red clown suit and cheap rubber mask for hours. He said nothing, did nothing, just stood there in the hottest and most humid part of the day.

To further impact this the neighbor across the hall from me is a local police officer who actually went up to this guy and tried to ask what he was doing. Even to a cop he didn't respond nor did he appear to care that he was profusely sweating in the weather either. The cop slowly dropped back to the where the rest of us were standing and this clown dude walked backwards in the brush and presumably took off as my cop neighbor called it in.

Other cops showed up and looked around for a couple more hours and found no trace of the guy. I still don't know what to make of it other than it was probably the most unsettling thing I've experienced in a while.

Clowns already have a creep stigma attached to them. Be it the bright colors, obnoxious behavior, or just general outright weirdness. This was worse than all that squared. He didn't care that was in exhaustively miserable weather. He didn't...well do anything. It was just weird man.

I enjoyed Portland's response to this.

Since then the terrifying clown epidemic has only grown. Shortly after we wrote about the clown attack in Redmond, a woman called and described a clown in a silver mask trying to break into her car in downtown Portland. While she was shaken, the police dismissed the case saying, "In Portland,where Darth Vader rides a unicycle and has a fire-breathing set of bagpipes, clown sightings might just be an average Tuesday."

According to some recordings, they'll persecute you with a knife for a short distance, they'll probably stop immediately if you accelerate past 60km/h.