Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Good stuff! I love me some Quake 1. I take it you'll be using GZDoom to accomplish the 3D sloped terrain towards the end of the map?

Dragonfly said:

Good stuff! I love me some Quake 1. I take it you'll be using GZDoom to accomplish the 3D sloped terrain towards the end of the map?

If it's ZDoom, he also won't need those helper steps. Just jump.

No, I'm only stealing, I mean borrowing the start of Romero's E1M1 for a bit of fun. The rest of the map is closer to Gustafsson's DOPA, and it's all Boom format, so deep water and lots of lighting transfers, and possibly some silent teleport room above rooms, but no slopes.

I've got a Shamber and some ambient sounds via dehacked, and a bunch of other Quake things, but the secret sound is port specfic so I haven't tracked it down yet.

Urthar said:

the secret sound is port specfic so I haven't tracked it down yet.

Its name is "DSSECRET", so just put a sound with this name into your wad, and it will replace the secret sector sound in the relevant ports.

Some more shots, I've enlarged the residential area of the map to feel a little more spacious, adding little details in the backyards to make it easier to avoid the giant hordes of zombies.

Zombies are placeholders for the moment.

Urthar said:

No, I'm only stealing, I mean borrowing the start of Romero's E1M1 for a bit of fun. The rest of the map is closer to Gustafsson's DOPA, and it's all Boom format, so deep water and lots of lighting transfers, and possibly some silent teleport room above rooms, but no slopes.

http://i.imgur.com/CS0orzS.png

I've got a Shamber and some ambient sounds via dehacked, and a bunch of other Quake things, but the secret sound is port specfic so I haven't tracked it down yet.

This looks way cool, it's an imposing scene and a good execution of its theme. The very saturated brown works well there, and I love the directional shadowing. Something about this scene makes it look very compelling IMO as an interesting place to explore.

maggot_army, everything looks fantastic!

Well, I say everything, except for those curtains. They look like a huge drop in quality compared to everything else, which has at least some 'noisy texture' aspect to it.

The curtain looks like a single-shade red low resolution pixellated blob! This is ever more noticable with the high resolution trees and skies.

Aside from that, all of it looks incredible and I can't wait to see a release!

Ooh, that's nice, AD! What project is this?

edit: Aha! My first guess was TNT2, but it didn't look vanilla. That makes sense.

immediate edit 2: Oh, this is vanilla. The smooth rock trim on the ceiling was making me assume otherwise. Well, neat.

Dragonfly said:

maggot_army, everything looks fantastic!

Well, I say everything, except for those curtains. They look like a huge drop in quality compared to everything else, which has at least some 'noisy texture' aspect to it.

The curtain looks like a single-shade red low resolution pixellated blob! This is ever more noticable with the high resolution trees and skies.

Aside from that, all of it looks incredible and I can't wait to see a release!

Thanks! Those curtains do look terrible, but they are a place holder until I replace it with a finished texture. I just finished the primary layout of the residential area and am now adding windows, lights and other finishing details.

maggot_army, that curtain could really use some work. It's just one color and there's no blending. It needs some detail so it appears to have depth. Otherwise, the shots look gorgeous!

GoatLord said:

maggot_army, that curtain could really use some work. It's just one color and there's no blending. It needs some detail so it appears to have depth. Otherwise, the shots look gorgeous!

Hope this is better :)

Rayzik said:

MAP26: Cerulean Depths

(heavy breathing)

I guess everyone knows that I really like blue textures.