Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Freedoom should be limit removing

uhbooh said:

Yeah that's the one, I dont remember the design getting a negative reception though. If you don't like it then you don't have to work on it and we can use the octopus thing.

i am neutral about the design, i just thought people didnt like it

fraggle said:

But most people using Chocolate Doom are likely doing so because they want an authentic retro experience of what Doom was like in the 90s, so Freedoom doesn't exactly fit that.

Actually it does fit. Well for me. Whenever I load up one of the vanilla maps in Freedoom, i get a warm fuzzy feeling.

Why i don't know.

i posted this like i dont remember how much time ago, the first time i remember made the map15 for freedoom the project was aiming for boom compatibility, however i made the map pure vanilla because i never made a map under boom format, then the project swichted to vanilla format but limit removing, then vanilla but with the vanilla limitation.

so in the end, who is the project leader? i though chungy with vanilla compatibility its was the the "setting stone" now guys have a change of heart.

anyway so the word of "who" should be take so the project can go with something set without "swicht" again. going like that freedoom would be stuck in a limbo.

Soda WANTS the project to be limit-removing. He is proposing the idea. He is NOT the leader.

But chungy chose VANILLA. He and fraggle are the maintainers/leaders.

In short: the goal is vanilla.

Voros said:

Soda WANTS the project to be limit-removing. He is proposing the idea. He is NOT the leader.

But chungy chose VANILLA. He and fraggle are the maintainers/leaders.

SO: FREEDOOM IS AIMING FOR VANILLA-COMPATIBILITY. NOT LIMIT-REMOVING. NOT BOOM ANYMORE. JUST VANILLA.

No need to "shouting me" now i believe you have something against me.

Anyone can answer politely just a single answer without be rude, geez

I wasn't shouting. Just putting an emphasis. Guess caps lock was a bad idea, huh?
*note to self: never use caps lock unless necessary.*

We're both misunderstanding each other. Just to be clear, I have NOTHING against you. I love how your maps are so well detailed. But the gameplay feels like it drags on for too long, for me. But hey, everyones got different tastes.

Would you please consider completely removing my maps from future versions of Freedoom? I would rather they were replaced by entirely new maps than (IMHO) crippled by removing the Boom features. You are of course free to do what you want, this is a request, not a demand.

Jon said:

Would you please consider completely removing my maps from future versions of Freedoom? I would rather they were replaced by entirely new maps than (IMHO) crippled by removing the Boom features.

That is fair enough.

I suggest you make an issue on GitHub, listing the maps which are yours.

While your at it, remove yourself as one of the "freedoom" developers on GitHub and the SourceForge project too, as you said you wanted to disassociate yourself from the project.

andrewj said:

That is fair enough.

I suggest you make an issue on GitHub, listing the maps which are yours.

I thought that would be clear from the repo data itself, but I see it's a bit more obfuscated nowadays.

andrewj said:

While your at it, remove yourself as one of the "freedoom" developers on GitHub and the SourceForge project too, as you said you wanted to disassociate yourself from the project.

I (thought) I'd already done that

edit: (but all I'd done is stop being admin) - fixed now. Thanks!

Voros said:

Aww. But I like your C1M1 :(
can't say the same for map14 though.

Thank you, I am proud of that map, but I can't see how it could remain as good stripped of the boom features. (although on a quick run through just now it looks like something broke some of the 242 stuff at some point anyway, in Eternity at least)

MAP14 - heh, I forgot it was even there. That was originally my entry for the 10 sectors competition. I think I only donated it to fill a hole.