Mancubus
User Control Panel | Member List | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Blogs | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Doom 3: Phobos
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 10 [11]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ArchangelOfHell

Keep up the great work, this mod should reincarnate Doom 3 for some time.
I still think with everything maxed out D3 looks amazing to this date.
With proper demon placement and trent reznors sound Doom 3 is still pretty dam cool. I often go back into the campaign adding all kinds of monsters, mostly zombies, and playthrough it that way. If there was a way to spawn random demon encounters non stop with coop support people would play this again IMO.

Old Post Aug 28 2016 15:28 #
ArchangelOfHell is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DMGUYDZ64
Ignorant Member .

ArchangelOfHell said:
spawn random demon encounters non stop with coop support

http://doom3coop.com/downloads.php
All of it's servers are "empty" .

Old Post Aug 28 2016 15:36 #
DMGUYDZ64 is offline Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ArchangelOfHell

From what I understand that is normal coop. There are no added demons or monster variations from the original, if anything a few extras imps respawn randomly possibly.
I'm talking about dozens of demon/zombie waves to keep you on edge throughout the campaign, on top of everything else.

For example the UAC Admin stage early on is mostly imps and some z secs, I've added extra zombie types to show how it chould have been.

Last edited by ArchangelOfHell on Aug 28 2016 at 21:08

Old Post Aug 28 2016 18:26 #
ArchangelOfHell is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arl

I wonder, would people be able to make maps or any other kind of add-on based in this mod as Classic Doom 3 intended at the time?

Old Post Aug 30 2016 03:22 #
Arl is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

As always, I'm impressed by how well the engine has aged.

Old Post Aug 30 2016 14:31 #
GoatLord is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DMGUYDZ64
Ignorant Member .

ArchangelOfHell said:
I'm talking about dozens of demon/zombie waves to keep you on edge throughout the campaign, on top of everything else.

Yes it does, It adds more demons and weapons, Basically more types of the existing demons and new weapons like Flamethrower ... etc, However it doesn't add them in default game levels, Only it's own levels .

Old Post Aug 30 2016 14:53 #
DMGUYDZ64 is offline Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geX
Forum Regular

Arl said:
I wonder, would people be able to make maps or any other kind of add-on based in this mod as Classic Doom 3 intended at the time?

Good question! We haven't done anything yet (and highly unlikely we will) to prevent anyone to do what they want with the code/assits etc. once the mod is out. So if somebody wanted to make a map with a 100 Arachnotrons they could do so (just an example).

We don't have any idea if we have broken anything preventing you from playing or enjoying the two original campaigns though. Since that has not been our focus.

It will be open for use the same way any assets in Doom 3 is. Any credits would be appreciated obviously :)

Old Post Aug 30 2016 15:06 #
geX is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

geX said:
We don't have any idea if we have broken anything preventing you from playing or enjoying the two original campaigns though. Since that has not been our focus.

Oh, we definitely have. We've entirely removed certain entity classes from the original games that we aren't re-using in our mod, simply to save memory. There's plenty of the original maps that you couldn't load up in our mod for that reason alone.

Although, there has been some small talk of maybe releasing a 'patched' version post-release with all the original entity classes and such intact, so that people can play the original campaigns with our modifications. I don't know whether any of the changes we've made would break something in the original games, but that's obviously something that would require a layer of extra work and testing, so I'm not sure it'll happen.

Last edited by Caffeine Freak on Aug 31 2016 at 13:07

Old Post Aug 31 2016 13:00 #
Caffeine Freak is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arl

geX said:
Good question! We haven't done anything yet (and highly unlikely we will) to prevent anyone to do what they want with the code/assits etc. once the mod is out. So if somebody wanted to make a map with a 100 Arachnotrons they could do so (just an example).

It will be open for use the same way any assets in Doom 3 is. Any credits would be appreciated obviously :)

Oh, that's great!

Just to be clear: I was talking about making content based on Phobos, not using Phobos' content to make regular maps/mods with extra goodies.

That being said, if you (the team) are also considering making your stuff compatible with the original campaign that's very neat too.

Last edited by Arl on Sep 3 2016 at 13:03

Old Post Sep 3 2016 00:27 #
Arl is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Forum Staple

How's work on the mod going? When can we see more? Is there a chance of it coming out this year?

Old Post Oct 26 2016 07:51 #
DooM_RO is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geX
Forum Regular

It's going steadily forward. We don't have any PR planned for the time being. And no release this year either, I'm afraid. We want this to be done as much as you guys :)

All I can say is that we have begun finalizing the game, and there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Old Post Oct 27 2016 07:39 #
geX is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote