Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fonze

I made a huge mistake today

TheCupboard said:

Also some political scientists are saying they learned some great things during this cycle. For one, they can isolate what happens when one candidate uses positive and negative ads and the other candidate sometimes uses nothing at all. It is rare for one side to use almost all the ads and the other side not even put up a fight.

I keep hearing that but I've heard plenty Hillary attack ads throughout the campaign

Fuck this, I'm staying up tonight. Watching the twitterati shit its collective pants in an impotent apoplexy of rage is just too fucking funny right now.

I'll regret it in the morning, but right now I'm kinda secretly hoping Trump wins. Fuck these faux-liberal establishment frauds, tonight I'm watching the whole thing burn down and I'm going to laugh as the roof caves in on top of them.

Hillary can lose a lot of battleground states and still win the election.. She wins but by a smaller margin than Obama beat Romney in 2012 is what I think.

Let me list why I do not trust Hillary:

•She called blacks underachievers never-do-wellers
•She called Latinos needy
•She hatefully slandered the Catholics, saying their religion was "bastardized"
•She put our national security at risk, with FBI agents saying she IS a security risk
•She got 4 Americans killed in Benghazi, knowing well she could've saved them
•She secretly STILL hates LGBT, even admitting to it a few years back by disagreeing with gay marriage
•She rigged the elections
•She has had multiple political opponents killed, including Julian Assange's lawyer

Yeah, not calling the result. But right now... well, imagine America as a drunk man who you witness walking down the street. He stumbles over the kerb and falls face first into a gigantic dog turd. It's been there for maybe an hour, slowly cooling in the midnight air; the outside of the turd is cold and clammy, perhaps with a sheen of condensation forming on a light crust, but the inside is still warm and mushy enough to remind you it was has only recently been deposited in a fanfare of fart gas and a sharp hot slap as it hit the pavement.

And your first reaction is to laugh, but you instantly stifle that shit and raise a hand to your mouth. "My God, that's terrible!" you think, guilty as sin because that's the way you've been conditioned.

And then, as you watch the man flail around with a face full of shit and freshly passed intestinal worms, you remember you know this guy. And you remember that you don't particularly like him. He's that prick who is always going around telling other people what to do, always starting fights, always being a sanctimonious asshole. He's rich, you're poor, and that annoys you, and you can feel righteous about those feelings. His wife is a haughty cow, his kids are even fucking worse than he is, and... well, you know what, FUCK that hypocritical douche. He got what he deserved.

And you laugh, because it feels cathartic. You know that he's going to go home in a foul mood because his suit is all shit, he's going to beat the wife and the kids, he's going to start even more hypocrisy and fucking proselytizing and he's going to turn that crap up to 11. And, honestly, you don't give a flying fuck at the moon, because this shit was fucking hilarious and totally fucking worth it.

So yeah. I'm having a good time right now.

darknation raises his coffee cup in tribute

darknation said:

Yeah, not calling the result. But right now... well, imagine America as a drunk man who you witness walking down the street. He stumbles over the kerb and falls face first into a gigantic dog turd. It's been there for maybe an hour, slowly cooling in the midnight air; the outside of the turd is cold and clammy, perhaps with a sheen of condensation forming on a light crust, but the inside is still warm and mushy enough to remind you it was has only recently been deposited in a fanfare of fart gas and a sharp hot slap as it hit the pavement.

And your first reaction is to laugh, but you instantly stifle that shit and raise a hand to your mouth. "My God, that's terrible!" you think, guilty as sin because that's the way you've been conditioned.

And then, as you watch the man flail around with a face full of shit and freshly passed intestinal worms, you remember you know this guy. And you remember that you don't particularly like him. He's that prick who is always going around telling other people what to do, always starting fights, always being a sanctimonious asshole. He's rich, you're poor, and that annoys you, and you can feel righteous about those feelings. His wife is a haughty cow, his kids are even fucking worse than he is, and... well, you know what, FUCK that hypocritical douche. He got what he deserved.

And you laugh, because it feels cathartic. You know that he's going to go home in a foul mood because his suit is all shit, he's going to beat the wife and the kids, he's going to start even more hypocrisy and fucking proselytizing and he's going to turn that crap up to 11. And, honestly, you don't give a flying fuck at the moon, because this shit was fucking hilarious and totally fucking worth it.

I take that you're British?

darknation said:

I absolutely agree with the sentiment, but you have to remember, that fat obnoxious sanctimonious asshole has saved quite a lot of innocent lives in his time. He also pisses in the water supply, but the point is he isn't necessarily pure evil and many of us (or perhaps our ancestors) would be dead without him around.

It's fucking complex, to put it very lightly.

The great part about living in a red or blue state is you can vote for whoever the fuck you want. Cause it won't matter. The Color will stay the same.

Hillary cheated against Bernie Sanders. Now she's paying for it.

If she wouldn't have cheated, Bernie would be the chief of the Democratic party and Trump wouldn't have stood any chance.

yukib1t said:

Looks like the US is making a huge mistake today, too.

Huh? Who else would do huge mistake today? I don't see any other person.

I wouldn't give Huffpost much credibility at this stage though, they said just two days earlier that Trump had like a 3% chance of winning iirc. Still though, purely based on the enthusiasm people had for Bernie I think he would have squeezed out a win. This is all what ifs though, the American people have what they have now.

Speaking as someone with friends across the pond, I kind of share DN's sentiment. And feel glad I don't live there either. Still, at least he hasn't been revealed to be a pig fucker. Not yet anyway.

Looks like Mr. Trump is about few votes away from 270, if the newspapers are to believe.

Y'know, I should've seen this miles away when the first (s)hitpieces about Trump started coming and then people kept lambasting on him. Being ever "charismatic" and combined with unapologetic attitude, being outsider (or that's what I see him as) to politics, and combined with all that media shitshow, it would seem to be his key to victory.

darknation said:

Fuck this, I'm staying up tonight. Watching the twitterati shit its collective pants in an impotent apoplexy of rage is just too fucking funny right now.

I'll regret it in the morning, but right now I'm kinda secretly hoping Trump wins. Fuck these faux-liberal establishment frauds, tonight I'm watching the whole thing burn down and I'm going to laugh as the roof caves in on top of them.

This is probably the only thing worth about having Trump to win presidency. It's like people can't comprehend why someone so different should win presidency, yet they can't keep their cool, instead they impotently rage at social media.

In hindsight, they probably gave the opportunity for Trump to rise to high position.

.:edit:.
Welp. If the local newspaper is to believed, Trump has already sealed the presidency for himself.

Prepare for the Worst.
Hope for the Best.

It's funny how this American election has had a big influence in Australia. Morso than others. You quite literally have very opinionated people debating and supporting one candidate or the other. This is shown in my social groups, family and work.

Trump has won, I am actually pleased with this. While I have no idea if he can actually make any changes or at least do so alive, I'm just very glad corrupt Hillary isn't in power to risk starting a war.

Sgt Ender said:

She rigged the elections.

Uh huh.

Good game Trump campaign

To be fair, I never want to see Hillary again in public life, running for office, or helping any liberals get elected to Congress or the presidency. I don't want her to give speeches or provide political analysis for any news organization. I don't want her to run in 4 years and I don't want her to lead any opposition against Republicans controlling 3 branches of federal government, the vast majority of state governments, and the majority of state governorships.

Good game Bernie Sanders. They stole your ideas and threw you in the trash. You had the only chance of making people vote based on emotion. No one voted for Clinton based on emotion, or at least not enough of them chose to.

For me, Bernie had to be on top or in the VP slot. It's pretty bad they got rid of him. Tim Kaine did deliver Virginia which was necessary I guess, but he was really boring, a little pathetic & cringe-worthy.

Sgt Ender said:

•She called blacks underachievers never-do-wellers
•She called Latinos needy
•She hatefully slandered the Catholics, saying their religion was "bastardized"
•She secretly STILL hates LGBT, even admitting to it a few years back by disagreeing with gay marriage

I'm glad you decided to side with the candidate who most certainly did not make any bigoted, racist, or sexist comment ever in his life.

Sgt Ender said:

•She rigged the elections.

Against her, apparently.

Sgt Ender said:

•She put our national security at risk, with FBI agents saying she IS a security risk
•She got 4 Americans killed in Benghazi, knowing well she could've saved them

Killing Americans abroad and being a national security risk is a privilege reserved to the Republicans. Isn't that right, Bush/Cheney administration? Heck, Reagan administration?

Sgt Ender said:

•She has had multiple political opponents killed, including Julian Assange's lawyer

Hahahahaha

Job said:

It's nice that they're reminded they can't brainwash the American population at will.

Yes they can, as demonstrated by everyone who got convinced dead certain that Hillary hired hitmen to kill people and that there actually was something behind the multiple millions-dollars investigations on Benghazi and emailghazi that never managed to find convincing dirt on her. Just sling mud on someone for years and years, repeat it, and people will believe you.

Sgt. Ender is the textbook example of a totally brainwashed Republican voter.

Here's the sad thing about the US. If Trump really wants to erect an authoritarian government, all the right pieces are already in place and at work, thanks to some reckless corporations who are out for the quick buck alone without ever considering the ramifications of their stupid undertakings.

Agreed with Gez. The Republicans identified Hillary as a huge opponent back in the mid-90s. Her career as a lawyer was unlike all other First Ladies in history. And she's been "running" for president a long time... The dirt file is very big on her.

Either way, Trump's the big man in charge selected, so there's no point in whining about it really, is there?

Sgt Ender said:

Either way, Trump's the big man in charge selected, so there's no point in whining about it really, is there?

Didn't stop Republicans from whining non-stop from late 2008 to right now.