Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

/idgames comments gone?

What happened to the /idgames comments? I see they were removed. I liked reading those comments, they gave you a little more insight on what everyone thought of mapsets. Sure, some people were trolling, but it was all in good fun. Why can you no longer post them?

What are you talking about? The comment section is still there.

You're probably looking at WADs that you already rated.

Hm...interesting. I can see it now. I guess I wasn't logged in. I'm not sure if you can login directly through the /idgames page though. If you can't there should be an option to do so. Anyways, I'm glad the option to comment hasn't been removed.

Are there statistics on how that change influenced, let's say, monthly number of commenters? I feel like we are getting much less comments now, which is a shame.

We are getting way less comments, but thanks to FATHER SON AND THE HOLY GHOST ASSFUCKED BURN IN HELL Carlos comments, allowing anonymous ones is unworkable.

killer2 said:

Can't you just ip/range ban that guy from commenting?

That isn't how IP addresses work in most cases. Not all addresses are statically allocated per account, so outside of banning an entire ISP (overkill), you aren't really doing anything at all (all while risking somebody unrelated be banned anyway).

More over, it would be ridiculously easy to proxy anyway, as it's only an HTTP service.

killer2 said:

Not when a person has just enough technical knowledge to be able to use / abuse open proxies!!

What if registered and logged in users had the option to comment anonymously? Or would that be the same thing?

Everyone knows your name when you're reviewing: you have to give constructive criticism now.

Meh, I think when people see the name of the reviewer they often automatically decide what to think of his opinion ("he bashed Alien Vendetta in the past, so anything he says now is stupid"). With anonymous comments all you can do is to think about the points people make. You can't just discard everything based on some post made 10 years ago or decide to trust the commenter by default simply because you used to often agree with him in the past.

Heh, I used to comment anonymously. An option to mask the user would be great. The admins would still see the account that posted it, but other readers wouldn't. If that's possible, that is.

killer2 said:

Idiots like him ruined all of Brazil. If they can wreck whole nations, they'll surely find ways to ruin a comments system!

myk said:

Heh, I used to comment anonymously. An option to mask the user would be great. The admins would still see the account that posted it, but other readers wouldn't. If that's possible, that is.

Idiots like him ruined all of Brazil. If they can wreck whole nations, they'll surely find ways to ruin a comments system!

Holy words... This is not censorship. This is preventing.

I second the whole "mask reviewer name" thing. It could be an option in the submission, and the review's author would read as "Anonymous Member" instead of just "Anonymous".

Adding the option of making anonymous comments doesn't change much. I'm more concerned that the people who aren't registered on this forum can't comment at all on the wads on the archive. I can understand that it was done after those spamming attacks, but imo it really sucks...